AP jungle Yi.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stacey Shin

09-14-2010

So anyway, Ive been playing AP yi alot, and ive alwaysd love jungling, so I thught why not try to mix the two, and so I did.

So I was just curious if the community would try me AP jungle Yi, and see if they like it.

Anyway....

1. Summoner Spells-any of these work, but some worlk better than others.
~Smite (Preferred)
~Ghost (Preferred)
~Flash
~Ignite
~Exhaust
~Clarity (only if you are for some reason unable to get blue buff)

Masteries/Runes
Honostly your masteries should be the same for a good portion of the casters in LoL, and you should use your own personal masteries/rune book, for AP jungle yi.

Skill Order
1. A.Strike
2. Medi
3. Wuju Style

After level 3 it should be R>Q>W>E.

Rotation

Start by buying 1 AP pot and 5 HP pots.
1. Blue Buff ( you should pop 1 HP pot, your AP pot, and smite) OR get a red pot and wuju style.
2. Wolves (health pot if needed)
3 .Wraiths
4. Small Golems
5. Try to gank, if not, wait for smite and get just Lizard
6. Honostly by now, theres no specific order, since one A,Strike should take out most of each creeps HP.

Build.
There is a specific order and certain build I use, but if you feel comfortable with another build, go ahead and use yours.

1.(after your AP pot) Amp Tome
2. Get a sheen.
3. Regular Boots
4. B.Wand
5. Boots of your choice ( I prefer sorc boots) MAJOR
6. Giants Belt
7. Amp tome>Rylais MAJOR
8. B. Wand
9. Large Rod > Zhonyas MAJOR
10. B.Wand > Lich Bane MAJOR
11. Kages
12. Fiendish > DFG MAJOR
13. Defensive Item depending on enemy team MAJOR

The MAJOR tag means that its part of your end game build

Keep in mind, this isnt exactly a guide, but rather how I play AP jungle Yi. Also if you do enjoy it please say so

~ Thanks Harain

ColdBlooded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

what if alpha strike doesn't proc on the golem @ lvl1 ? Does that seriously increase the chance that he wipes you?

Have you had successful jungling even when Alpha strike didn't proc?

Stacey Shin

09-14-2010

Yes i have had success with Aplha Strike Proccing, but its harder, and requires some RNG with a crit or two, however i failed to mention that if u can have a person from top lane auto attack golem 3 or 4 times its helps phenomanally

Stacey Shin

09-14-2010

anyone wanna comment?

Fwff

09-14-2010

why start with blue pot? why not cloth armor/red pot?
if you start with cloth, you can always sell it later

Bombernoy

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwff View Post
why start with blue pot? why not cloth armor/red pot?
if you start with cloth, you can always sell it later
You still lose money though, better to get an item you know you'll use as opposed to a "filler" item.

Stacey Shin

09-14-2010

The reason for starting out with Blue Pot is because it gives u a really nice amount of AP early on, and that 10% CDR is very useful early, also i did a few tests but it seems like you could go ether way, although with Blue Pot you go faster, but you stay at around ~40% health consistently, and with cloth armor you stay around ~60% health, however by 10 minutes, I was 1 lvl higher, using Blue Pot over cloth armor.

Stacey Shin

09-14-2010

Also i just noticed the red pot in your comment, unfornutatel I have to go soon, but I will try this and let you know

Thanks guys

Eat dat chammich

09-14-2010

The CD reduction will be useless if you have any CD runes or masteries. You will not Alpha the blue twice and once you have blue you need only 10% from runes and masteries to be capped.

I have run AP Yi in the jungle before and I always preferred to take Doran's Ring and ignore the big camps for quite a while. AP Yi tears through the small camps and can come into a lane and toss one Alpha to help a teamate push back or harrass quite well.

Whizzard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

You can jungle very quickly with dps yi and can do so at level 1 as well. Imo dps yi is waaaay better.