AP Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

08-16-2012

Is this a thing now?

MMKH

08-16-2012

No Lich Bane wtf.

HaIfhearted

08-16-2012

^ what he said.

Meh, if hes gonna do AP Xin, I wish he'd do it more intelligently.
Replace Zerkers with Ionians/Sorcs, and add Lichbane at the very least.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Yeah. the last guy i played against who did it got gunblade instead of dfg but otherwise basically the same. It was incredibly bursty - he killed me as irelia several times even after I got some defensive items. I hurt him too but the whole fight didn't last very long after he came out of my stun. He simply heals so much and attacks right up at the limit.

BuildPolice

08-17-2012

****ed around with last night, the real strength of it is in attack speed with 3 talon strike and CDR to reset your charge, level it first, it's pretty legit as far as a glass cannon build imo I was able to double late game against a kat + xin zhao who built normal, may have had some help from my tower but both were full.

Tried hybrid early game, really disappointing damage, wouldn't suggest rushing full AP or hybrid without the atspd first.

And if you look at my game log yes I fed in a few matches, mostly because I over-estimated the early game... and my team's ability to make good decisions, like over-push, then when they get ganked and I get focused first for being a high damage glass cannon, using me to escape while I die, in at least two matches...

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

I don't really see the point of AP Xin. He gains damage from AP on his charge (1.0 ratio), but otherwise gets nothing at all outside of lichbane.
He also gets a whopping 1 extra point of health for every 3 attacks for every AP. That is nice and all, but lifesteal is certainly more cost-effective. A bit of CC basically hozes this lifegain anyways. Look at AD Sion. In theory he is invincible with his 100% Lifesteal Ult up right? In practice he can get CCed and bursted down before he can even do much of anything.

On SR it 'works' because Xin can backdoor towers while still healing which lifesteal does not allow. But this singular advantage is obviously not applicable in Dominion.

lbgsloan

08-17-2012

Probably assumed it didn't matter what he did with a Kass on his team.

He was right.

BuildPolice

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I don't really see the point of AP Xin. He gains damage from AP on his charge (1.0 ratio), but otherwise gets nothing at all outside of lichbane.
He also gets a whopping 1 extra point of health for every 3 attacks for every AP. That is nice and all, but lifesteal is certainly more cost-effective. A bit of CC basically hozes this lifegain anyways. Look at AD Sion. In theory he is invincible with his 100% Lifesteal Ult up right? In practice he can get CCed and bursted down before he can even do much of anything.

On SR it 'works' because Xin can backdoor towers while still healing which lifesteal does not allow. But this singular advantage is obviously not applicable in Dominion.
I don't think it scales 1.0 anymore but its base is pretty high I could see building abyssal + haunting guise after attack speed items, with your malady it could end up with nearly full resist pen on people with low MR. You can often E a person 3 times in a fight with high attack speed and CDR it's pretty strong.

My top damage is still mostly phys at the end though.

ElevenOfClubs

08-18-2012

I'm sure people do it (in that sense, it is a thing).

It's not a good thing, tho. Xin takes 15 % of people's armor off the top, and he scales very well with attack damage enhancers.

I'd say it's a bit like AP on Trist, nice to have, but it's kinda a troll build.

MMKH

08-18-2012

I want to try AP Xin on Dominion but he's probably too fail lol. But on ARAM he's legit.