League of Legends Champions Retrospective

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thor of Thunder

08-19-2012

I think it would be awesome if Riot could license characters from other franchises (e.g. Batman) and put them in the League. I don't know how well it would work with the Lore though... =/

NewBlat

08-19-2012

i am posting here just because it is the newest news item and most likely to be seen.

i have never taken a moment ever to say thank you to the riot team for the hard work that has gone into this. while i know that alot of employees arent "working" and just having fun i still can thank them and the ones that really push themselves (mostly the programmers) to solve every problem, and to the design team, you guys really have some unique mindsets sometimes and are really doing your job well. im glad you all enjoy your work so much and i hope continue to to make LoL the best it can be.

i do have concerns about the future if you keep releasing this many champions, that is regarding balance and playability. the fact is that as you put in more intense mechanics the old ones go to stale, you have done well with remakes so far but you know that it will certainly not remain this easy. i am very curious to see how long the game lasts and stays popular and at what point you start to either remove content or stop adding it.

TL;DR
Thank you riot you are sick, but how long will this last?

Krushiem

08-19-2012

What is the thing on the screen at 0:56?

yakov yakanovich

08-19-2012

Meliora. Ever Better. University of Rochester. Represent!

zstripes

08-19-2012

was that a recruitment video? Cause I really want to work at Riot lol

fryedbraens

08-19-2012

"Creating compelling champions is our passion, and a great deal of care and effort goes into handcrafting every one of them"

Riot are now spewing **** out of there mouths, Compelling champions like darius, and then jayce
both human..... SO COMPELLING
IM COMPELLED TO MUCH RIOT
RENGAR? LETS REALEASE A CHARR LOOK A LIKE JUST B4 GUILDWARS COMES OUT!!!!1 xDDDxDDD XDDD

Maybe its the skins that are compelling?
MUNDO MOGUL KHAN SKIN
GOOD ONE RIOT IT LOOKS NO DIFF
HOW TO COPY?
this company is a joke, you are all pawns being fed rubbish
grow up and live better

Rhythmless Ninja

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryedbraens View Post
"Creating compelling champions is our passion, and a great deal of care and effort goes into handcrafting every one of them"

Riot are now spewing **** out of there mouths, Compelling champions like darius, and then jayce
both human..... SO COMPELLING
IM COMPELLED TO MUCH RIOT
RENGAR? LETS REALEASE A CHARR LOOK A LIKE JUST B4 GUILDWARS COMES OUT!!!!1 xDDDxDDD XDDD

Maybe its the skins that are compelling?
MUNDO MOGUL KHAN SKIN
GOOD ONE RIOT IT LOOKS NO DIFF
HOW TO COPY?
this company is a joke, you are all pawns being fed rubbish
grow up and live better
lmao @ the guy crying like a little kid telling anyone to grow up. Stay classy bro.

fryedbraens

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmless Ninja View Post
lmao @ the guy crying like a little kid telling anyone to grow up. Stay classy bro.

did you even read my comment?
sigh

EnvoyOfDarkness

08-19-2012

Champions are all well and good, but between all the other MOBA games, th
e one thing they haven't done is give us a variety of maps. You have a HUGE selection of diverse champions, make a few more support champs, and then break out 2-3 new maps, that will make you guys even bigger.
As it is now, new champions are cool for a week or 2, but in the end it's running the same route and same traps on the map, new maps with hazards will fix it. x)

Oli Waddlebottom

08-19-2012

I do like how riot tries to make more content for their game but at the same time its going to ruin it... I started playing about a year or so ago (release of Miss Fortune) and during the release of those champions, it took some time to get them out and people would work get used to a new champ. At this point of the game, there are so many champions and so many different skill set ups which does create a much more dynamic game but it also creates a lot of balance problems. With the new meta, there are stronger champions that come out, specially the newly released champions, that normally are slightly strong in the beginning than the rest. After a few weeks, they get hit with the nerf bat to get toned down and by then a new champion is out. I personally feel that its a business moto to create an op champ so that ppl need to get it fast and just spend riot points, the champ has its glorious few weeks of opness and then the op champ is toned down to somewhat normal levels and the new champ comes out a week or two after.
I would personally love to see riot calm down with the champion releases and just balance the game. There are still many underplayed champions and manly over the top strong champions that they almost everyone plays if they are not banned. I see Riot doing the same mistake that Blizzard made with WoW arena. Blizz tried to hype it so much and they tried to make it a big competitive scene which Riot is trying to create with LoL. Riot hosts all of their own tournaments and they give out pretty big prize pools. A lot of competitive players have switched to LoL only for the simple fact that LoL is where the money is at the moment. If Riot does not balance the game instead of just trying to dump money on tournaments, LoL will not be balanced enough to be a highly competitive game. Blizzard pretty much has given up on WoW Arena as a competitive scene, they now many dumb mounts and pandas for people to play a boring game. I see a very similar fate with LoL when you see new champs, skins and theme's that are doing nothing beneficial for the competitive scene that Riot seems to be striving for. It is a business and I understand that they want to make money, but please remember that if Riot creates a good, balanced, fun and enjoyable game, people will support it the same way people have since it started. I for one do enjoy this game a lot and I would hate to lose it and see it fail like Blizzard did with WoW Arena and WoW in general.