Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Champions Retrospective

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AdolJr

08-19-2012

we need more MAPS, seriously guys...

Hi Im Blake

08-19-2012

As someone who's "been around" in means of different games and experiencing the styles of different companies, I can say that I love where Riot is right now. They are constantly involved with the community and they themselves still know what gamers are looking for in a game. However, I'm worried about the future.

I've seen many times where a great company has turned into the exact opposite of what it was built around. After starting to play Runescape in 2003, I thought that it was the best gift to ever befall mankind. And the best part was that the creators of the game were constantly involved -- listening to the feedback of the players, responding on the forums, keeping things "player oriented". But I stopped completely in 2008 after the company lost all atonement with the player base. It was no longer about "hey, how can we make this more fun for the player", but "hey, how can we make maximum profit off of this?". In my opinion, the community was completely and utterly shut out of all decisions; even after player opinion was made clear.

So I'm asking you, Riot, to not be another story of "Yeah, I used to play League of Legends, until....". I love the game and I hope to continue loving it for a long time, and this video has given me hope that I'll continue to do just that.
Thank you.

Dangeroo

08-19-2012

This video lack Phreak...

sugarcrotch

08-19-2012

is ryan scott = morello? i pictured him older :/

M0DA3

08-19-2012

Uh yea we're riot, and we believe all of our champions are super unique and we're awesome. Most of our ideas definitely don't come from other games or stories....*cough*

katiobod

08-19-2012

I agree you guys have taken league of legends to a great point and i give you a hand with that. the champs rock, and over all game play and tweaks are on point. But your customer service drags you down a few pegs. other then that keep up the great work

Biodt

08-19-2012

I really want to see a champ that does zero direct damage to other characters or even minions. Talking about diversity.

What about some sort of monk that could convert opponent minions and even neutral monsters then go on tower raids with them. Against champs the character could remove their will to fight by reducing attack speed and/or increase cool down time while providing support for allied champs. Imagine a champ that when played well was feared by the other team not because of his/her lethal abilities but the ability to rally a small army of converted creeps to take down towers and totally nerf his/her opponents.

The League is supposed to be a place to handle societies larger conflicts. There should be a place in the league for 'warriors' like Martin Luther King or Gandhi, who made huge differences in our world without any violence whatsoever.

BuddhazBounty

08-19-2012

What riot will always do best, marketing. Pat yourselves on back, you work like a virus.

DeePok

08-19-2012

Quote:
XxDivinexX:
As someone who's "been around" in means of different games and experiencing the styles of different companies, I can say that I love where Riot is right now. They are constantly involved with the community and they themselves still know what gamers are looking for in a game. However, I'm worried about the future.

I've seen many times where a great company has turned into the exact opposite of what it was built around. After starting to play Runescape in 2003, I thought that it was the best gift to ever befall mankind. And the best part was that the creators of the game were constantly involved -- listening to the feedback of the players, responding on the forums, keeping things "player oriented". But I stopped completely in 2008 after the company lost all atonement with the player base. It was no longer about "hey, how can we make this more fun for the player", but "hey, how can we make maximum profit off of this?". In my opinion, the community was completely and utterly shut out of all decisions; even after player opinion was made clear.

So I'm asking you, Riot, to not be another story of "Yeah, I used to play League of Legends, until....". I love the game and I hope to continue loving it for a long time, and this video has given me hope that I'll continue to do just that.
Thank you.

This ^

I too have felt the sting of a game gone sour and hope that Riot continues to do the right thing, becouse what they have going right now is to precious to give up.

RavenJester

08-19-2012

One kind of champion I think would be really cool would be like some kind of creepy puppeteer or doll maker and he can use those dolls or the strings or something like that. I honestly think something like that would be kind of cool, and would be awesome to see in the future maybe