League of Legends Champions Retrospective

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nadddre

08-18-2012

How can you call Lee Sin a Blind Monk if he can be blinded?

Spicy Czex Mix

08-18-2012

Riot thinks they are pretty awesome... i think so too, but come on. Kinda all sound like tools imo

Burntfish44

08-18-2012

That's pretty awesome, now all i ask is you stop making champions OP for the first month or so just so everyone will buy them. Diana's ranged attack+instant charge+pullback+slow+insane amounts of damage isnt op? yeah right. "zyra is incredibly overpowered" -phreak. I could complain all day.
Just stop making new champs OP to start out just to nerf them later, then you WILL be the best gaming company

Touch My Dong

08-18-2012

The champ design is lame. Bad vid.

Geph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

In my experience the word diversity often (usually) refers to a group of people of mixed social identity composition, typically defined by socio-analytic categories like race, ethnicity, gender, class, ability, sexuality, age and more. While League of Legends has some significant diversity in its cast of characters - aliens, monkeys, scarecrows, overweight alcoholics and more - it unfortunately is not diverse and quite cliche in that it employs:

Unequal (sexist!) body and voice representation - Every female character is either a little girl (child) or a fighting f*ck toy trope with impossible proportions - the male characters have comparably more diverse body types. Of the non-human monsters (no, Yordles don't count) I believe there is only one with a female voice (Anivia), as compared to dozens with male voices. And just in case you were thinking about suggesting the male characters have unrealistic bodies too, you might consider that this too is part of structural oppression and the male gaze.

Colorblind racism - Nearly all of the characters have either white skin (Caucasian) or fictional skin (bright red, blue, etc...). You can spot a couple of champions who are probably of implied Asian decent and perhaps some purchasable alternative hero looks (you have to pay money to be black Ryze or Latin@ Karma?) that may include others. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worlds without racial diversity are certainly cliche and default whiteness is a form of racism (think of Band-Aids or crayons of peach color being labeled 'flesh-colored').

I'd also add that far too many characters seem to have some serious anger management issues, but I guess that could make a little more sense in the context of battle.

So Riot, while I appreciate the hard work you've put into the game and amazing array of character abilities and interaction types (as established by the resounding praise so abundant in this forum string), I think you should give some serious consideration to representing humans in their many real-life skin colors and making female characters of more varied body types beyond children and big-boob models. I know this may not be the most lucrative decision, but I have faith that as a company you're out to be about more than just profit.

The Lord Trundle

Recruiter

08-19-2012

Please make a legendary trundle skin or any trundle skin pleaseeeeeeeeeee ive waited so long

xLuckyxShadowx

08-19-2012

my fave was sivir i liked how i could bounce my regular attack made her specal like lulu,temo,kog'maw. her new abillity maybe better damage wize but not as fun :/ all the 450ip champs are fun sept for sivir :/ she dosent get the fun aspect going for me >': so can some one please link me to why they changed her in that way?

buzzfire99

08-19-2012

Riot can u please tell me when rengar is coming out so i can buy rp?

Tack22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

and default whiteness is a form of racism (think of Band-Aids or crayons of peach color being labeled 'flesh-colored').

Of course. It's the color of the flesh of a peach.

Also, Nasus and Ryze are black.
Don't like it? Invent a new continent where dark-skinned is the norm.
Because LoL currently doesn't have one.
Just so you know, 'some Asian heritage' is implied because Ionia is Asian.

And Riven, Lux, Fiora and Diana all don't conform to any of your stereotypes there.

Seriously, stop being a hater just to hate.

Vbomb

08-19-2012

So I watched the video as I opened up LoL, and its funny how well the music went with the video