League of Legends Champions Retrospective

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veragoot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

So um, Trundle wasn't even mentioned at all. Does Riot just regret making Trundle?

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

soo.. the desinger team is a sausage-fest huh? that explains a lot

MiamiUM

08-17-2012

hope you guys are ready for dota2

RemonadeForYou

08-17-2012

You guys know Heroes of Newerth has firstly, way better characters, and secondly, the same characters? Rengar = Night Hound.

Strong Coffee

08-17-2012

I'm a big fan of the game, but I find it a bit silly to tout "diversity" when there little representation of people of color, as well as the fact that all the woman could have stepped out of a Victoria's secret catalog.

Gimme big girls and ethnic people please, riot <3

Reynmaker

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango027 View Post
Diversity = not a single black champion
League of Skinny Caucasian and Asian Girls and buff Caucasian and Asian males. Target markets, NA, Europe, Asia. Maybe their market research indicates that a brown champion would be 'unwelcome' since none of these regions have the nicest history when it comes to brown skin.

Either way, I laughed really hard at the diversity comment.

tenshinoneko

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
League of Skinny Caucasian and Asian Girls and buff Caucasian and Asian males. Target markets, NA, Europe, Asia. Maybe their market research indicates that a brown champion would be 'unwelcome' since none of these regions have the nicest history when it comes to brown skin.

Either way, I laughed really hard at the diversity comment.
Make the remake of soraka hispanic and I can die happy =D
but ofcourse Riot is even lazy to even make a legendary skin outta her.

Take my money already! xD

Arrevax

08-17-2012

I will say that Riot is one of the better gaming companies out there. They don't force you to pay to win or play, they make new content frequently, they (mostly) listen the gaming community they've brought together... But where are things headed, lately? These new champs... Some are good, I'll admit. Jayce has a unique playstyle. Zyra has a good concept). But take Darius- he's a Noxian version of Garen (he's different enough to tolerate, but it's so obvious that Riot went so far as to make his /joke a reference to Garen's spinning) who many claim to be OP, yet he hasn't been nerfed at all. Zyra has been nerfed HARD. I've only seen one, and this one was competent enough, but she was unable to do much damage, burst or sustained. Now Zyra moves in slow motion and does even less damage. Katarina's remake is nice, but why was it made? Her ult was capable of being interrupted? Welcome to the world of any other character with a channeled ability. Tell Fiddlesticks I said hi. Why are champs like Katarina given attention when they don't need it (trust me, I've seen plenty of perfectly functional Katarinas) while other champs are ignored? Everyone knows that Shaco is OP. Hecarim has been nearly forgotten because he's UP and outclassed by nearly any other jungler (and top laner). Karma is so underwhelming, she's become a joke. Karma? Who's that? Not to mention the lack of attention to maps. Summoner's Rift is great, and I appreciate the graphics update that Riot made. However, Twisted Treeline is still the most unbalanced thing Riot's ever created (I'm tempted to say that Darius' ult rivals it, but, back to the subject). Dominion is a decent map- some characters are far more powerful on it than on SR, but it's functional enough. But where's Magma Chamber? And will Proving Ground ever be fully released? Why do maps receive so little attention when there are so few of them, while there are so many champions (whose numbers are bolstered nearly every week, now)?
Sorry for ranting, and I hope no one takes this as a big "OH RIOT SUCKS" type of post. Riot is probably my favorite game company, and I know that they can only do so much... But there are pretty evident issues sitting around that should be dealt with before making another champ, and another, and another.

JevelFaithful

08-17-2012

Think they meant diversity as in "humans/woman/guys have more than 3 possible personnallity". And in their defense, they have a nice mix of personallity in the league.

Also, I like the original sketch for the blind monk. Got me thinking that a blind champion could have hair all over his face and it would make sense. Not like he needs to see.

Imperium3

08-17-2012

I have an idea for Riot Games.
add a feature for summoners to submit there own ideas to the company to increase the creative juices so to speak.
i know myself that i have several unique and (in my oppinion) very viable yet fun champion ideas for Riot Games, but i dont have a way to get them to you all.
im sure that all League of legends players have there own ideas as well.

I hope this is read.
thanks Riot for makes such a fun game.