Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Champions Retrospective

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faoba

08-16-2012

Diversity?

Well I'm still waiting for my unnecessarily sexualized male champion.

Make me proud, Riot.

ploki122

08-16-2012

Quote:
Rauron:
If you're so interested in awesome/unusual champs and exploring new areas, what's with the steady downward slope on all creative fronts?

Well... starting from the latest we have seen (Starting with Rengar, haven't really seen the other girl) :
- A champion that benefits a lot from brushes and can buy a specific snowball item.
- Moon girl (somewhat bland, but she had to exist... Also, curved skillshot...)
- A girl that can combine spells to grow plants
- A guy that can switch between ranged and melee and has 2 kits (sure Nid had it too, but this is entirely different since both stances are AD, making them very complementary instead of 1 movement and 1 damage stance or 1 damage and 1 support stance)
- A guy that can juggle with his AA
- A guy with AoE grab and a refreshing true damage ult (ok... this one went downhill, but imo the concept was very good)
- Emo archer... profits from stacking AA in-between abilities and can charge his skillshot (very bland since he ends up still doing everything the same way as any AD carries...)
- A big horse that benefits from MS
- Polymorph support
- A girl that can go invulnerable and slash everyone during her ult. Can also parry auto-attacks. (bit bland but ok)
- A huge tank from the deep. ****tons of tankiness and cc. (a new blitzcrank)
- A little fella that can lay mines and throw bombs. (little bland but a new theme)
- A pig girl that is semi-useless... (sorry Sej :/)
- Someone that can alter his gameplay by buuying different items

Quote:
Faoba:
Diversity?

Well I'm still waiting for my unnecessarily sexualized male champion.

Make me proud, Riot.

Ezreal... /reply

Quote:
4, The vocabulary used in the video is almost emberassing

I see what you mean...

ZombieCakes

08-16-2012

Quote:
Broderbund:
It's so obvious that the entire riot team are uncultured children. This is reflected to a painful degree in the video and also in-game in a number of ways:
1, In-game sexism. All females are attractive and have oversized breasts and perfect proportions. Monstrous champs are all male excluding anivia. Many female champions have sexy phrases but no male champions do.
2, Terribly written lore. Reads like a highschooler with an overactive imagination wrote it. No original plot mechanics, no depth or foreshadowing, no character development.
3, Inconsistency in technical writing. Skill descriptions switch between second and third person, sometimes explaining what the skill does on a technical level, and some giving contextual information on what the champion does when the skill is activated (e.g. "Taric loves to socket his armor with gems). Champion titles are either titles, nicknames or short descriptions.
4, The vocabulary used in the video is almost emberassing, I think I counted the word "awesome" being used 8 times when there were much more descriptive words available.

Overall League of Legends is immature and childish. However what I haven't commented on yet is how it's actually a fun and addicting game and I'm sure all the people featured in the video are fine programmers that know how to keep it that way. It just rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

It's like my mind was read.

Blinklynx

08-16-2012

Keep up the good work.

Hironshy

08-16-2012

How about creating stuff which the game really lacks. But that means less profit as you have to redirect resource away from champ creation.

CREATE MORE MAPS!! ****sake....how hard can it be....if you give the community the tools im sure in a week a good map will roll out of it.

Andman001

08-16-2012

Here is an idea, stop releasing new bull**** champions and fix the old ones.

Why do you think Shen is always banned? Ect....

ThornAlavarn

08-16-2012

Quote:
Keeki:
How about where the lame really lacks. But that means less profit as you spend resource on other stuff than champ creation.

CREATE MORE MAPS.

Why would they make more maps when they can't even balance the ones they have? :/

ZombieCakes

08-16-2012

Wait guys, so Morgana's getting ANOTHER splash art, while Kayle just has a ****ty, recycled Chinese art. See this? Riot only gives benefit to champs with huge boobs. MF looks a lot ****tier too...

IICrowII

08-16-2012

I think it would have been more interesting to tell more in depth stories on a select few characters rather than spending most of the video's time collectively high-fiving each other.

ThornAlavarn

08-16-2012

Quote:
ZombieCakes:
Wait guys, so Morgana's getting ANOTHER splash art, while Kayle just has a ****ty, recycled Chinese art. See this? Riot only gives benefit to champs with huge boobs. MF looks a lot ****tier too...

Kayle very well might get an updated splash art eventually. They seem to be doing a lot of splash art updates lately. And I guess we'll just have to disagree on MF.. I think she looks infinitely better in this splash art. Her current splash art is just.. *Vomits*