Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Riot remake their matchmaking system?

Yes 22 64.71%
No 12 35.29%
Voters 34 .

I cannot win anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

08-17-2012

i used to win the vast majority of my games when i was a low level, but as i got higher level i start losing more and more. this is because most of us are gamers, and as gamers we have a natural aptitude for gaming and generally excel when compared to normal people. at low levels the normal people to gamer ratio is probably not so much in the favor of gamers, so you could be the only true gamer on either team, which will generally result in a win unless your teammates are retarded. as you level up more and more of the people you face will be gamers just like yourself, who arent just picking up a game their friend suggested they try. as this happens the teams become on average more "even" resulting in closer to a 50% chance of winning, less if you yourself are actually not that good

tldr, at low levels natural gamer skill can carry teams to victory, at high levels, it cant because everyone is a gamer

Solo Top Ur Mom

08-17-2012

I used to win all the time too, when I first started. Then I got to level 30 and won about 2 out of every 10 games.. so I made a new account. To spark any hope I had of playing this game, and I win maybe 3 out of every 10.. What the **** is wrong here..

polleyollie

Recruiter

08-17-2012

May I suggest playing with team mates? Log onto Skype, organize some friends, and play with a party of 2,3,4, even 5 friends that you know and can communicate with on skype to organize ganks, and skill combos. that helps a lot in the game. Try not to get frustrated and doubt yourself. Like driving, a lot of the mistakes that happen are not in your control.

Jewbee

08-17-2012

Quote:
polleyollie:
May I suggest playing with team mates? Log onto Skype, organize some friends, and play with a party of 2,3,4, even 5 friends that you know and can communicate with on skype to organize ganks, and skill combos. that helps a lot in the game. Try not to get frustrated and doubt yourself. Like driving, a lot of the mistakes that happen are not in your control.

I play with 2 friends of mine regularly. We organize ganks, dragon/baron kills, etc. It just never helps. I'm not bad. Neither are my friends. We just always play better people it seems. I'm not QQ'ing, I'm just stating the facts. Riot's matchmaking system is broken.

lockpooh

08-17-2012

I play with 2 others as well, we generally only lose when one of the randoms throws the game. Otherwise, the losses are still close enough to actually be fun and worth playing.

What time do you normally play? I find this is the biggest factor that decides the fun (for us anyway). There seems to be a time of day when people from South America play, we avoid those times as the fun factor is extremely low (even when we win). Not hating or anything, but I've found this to be true with others we play with as well.

Fapping Froggy

08-18-2012

If under 30 - whichever team has the better smurfs wins.

Being 30 means nothing skill wise and this imaginary elo ranking system (normal not ranked) does not exist. Which team - has better teamwork - response time - wards - positive attitude - has a better chance.

Trust everything the government tells you. They really do have your best interests in mind! lol...

Jewbee

08-18-2012

Quote:
lockpooh:
I play with 2 others as well, we generally only lose when one of the randoms throws the game. Otherwise, the losses are still close enough to actually be fun and worth playing.

What time do you normally play? I find this is the biggest factor that decides the fun (for us anyway). There seems to be a time of day when people from South America play, we avoid those times as the fun factor is extremely low (even when we win). Not hating or anything, but I've found this to be true with others we play with as well.

We generally play late at night (we live in Arizona). I kind of know what you're talking about though. Maybe we should try 3v3 instead of Summoners Rift? That way the game is solely in our hands?

CaristinnQT

08-18-2012

Somehow I go ~11-0 with Kayle then get teams with Brazilian feeders leaving in the middle of games and losing to teams like Twitch/Draven/Nasus/Tristana/Amumu.

I was also paired up with a level 4. I'm 27. Could the "win 1, lose 1" system be any less subtle? ಠ_ಠ

VâldëRäžgrïž

08-18-2012

It's kinda funny almost because I have been in the same boat of losing 20+ in a row it gets so tiring. I think the worst part is almost every game that I do get a competent team I win. I'm not that bad to be honest. I just seem to get matched up with more immature children who don't understand the game.

Oh I lock in Ziggs first and call mid before anyone says anything, guy joins locks in Zyra, REFUSES to not go mid. Oh great okay I guess I am forced to go top with Garen. Oh Zyra gives first blood...oh she dies again..."****IT ZIGGS NOOB". Yep. Now just fill that in with other champions and you have like half my randoms.

Protip: Overall, try and play with friends or people you know. I win 99% of the time when I get on skype with 3 people. Chances are that fifth won't be so bad. The only downside is ranked if you can't make a full team.