Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is it just me or is this kat remake fail

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Babui

08-16-2012

kat does not have any damages at all``this remake destroyed the whole point of kat``

savov

08-16-2012

They kinda changed her alot, from single target very mobile high dmg clean up-er they made her more like the constant dmg squishy that has to go in and has decent mobility
I gathered data and explaind what I think here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28284684#post28284684

p.s. also you might have not noticed but they nerfed Q and E dmg (e was nerfed very heavily) and moved it to W and some dmg to q's follow up

JRiMi

08-16-2012

Ive been doing well with her i like the remake. Last night i was stuck against some stuns and silences so i just farmed alot and still did better than i wouldve pre remake. Its a step in the right direction. My second game with her i was dominating and some noob was like "katarina was already op so they buff her....seems legit". I about died lmfao

Skilltestingman

08-16-2012

I actually find her better at a 1v1. Her q + q pasive and w with e and Ult do a lot more damage then it would have before, imo.

Her speed boost is a nice addition too. They basically brought down her aoe potential and is not so much of a super snowball champ, altho she still needs some to be useful

Shashakiko

Recruiter

08-16-2012

Yeah you're not the only one... scarra hasn't played the new kat anyways.. And the old w was much better didn't riot say that

Babui

08-16-2012

Quote:
JRiMi:
Ive been doing well with her i like the remake. Last night i was stuck against some stuns and silences so i just farmed alot and still did better than i wouldve pre remake. Its a step in the right direction. My second game with her i was dominating and some noob was like "katarina was already op so they buff her....seems legit". I about died lmfao

which skill do you max first and what items do you get? ><

iRukia

Recruiter

08-17-2012

Well opening a QQ thread is not the best way to get your hands on a good build for her fellow summoner. I LOVE her rework, it has everything she needs, insane farming past Lv3 and great harassment combo even with Lv3 while the old Kat had to wait for 6 to be able to do something.
So here is "my" build :
You max your Q > W > E and R when ever it's up. Why W you say?? because of the low CD and the AoE damage, better farming, faster kills.
You will want to build a Sorc Shoes, HexTech Gunblade, Rylai's crystal scepter, Harry Potter hat ( Rabadon's Deathcap ) AND your beloved Zhonya's hourglass.
Your main harassment spell is your Q, it hurts like a biatch IF you get to land it on your enemy. You Q them, Shunpo in and do a nice W and walk away or continue to AA till your Q is back up.
That worked perfectly fine for me you can check my match history, Yes I have lost games with her but it was either because of a leaver or a Jax that decided to build Zeals and run in...

Sir Bulldog

08-17-2012

I actually like the new katarina. I got 11 kills in a normal game recently with her. A feat that I was never able to accomplish with the old katarina. Course, i was a lot more noob then too. Overall, I think she's better.