RED: Plans for Elo Hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

You know, on my way from 1-30, I read numerous whining pages (ignored most) about "Elo hell."

I thought it was just players that were terribly bad (admittedly I did search some of them to see how they did.. they didnt look so bad) losing games.

Then I hit level 30. I've got paired with people that I'm surprised aren't just learning the game. It's absolutely ridiculous how big the mistakes and feeding these guys do.

I seem to do alright each game, unless there's such a massive amount of feeding on my team that I cant help but get steamrolled by the other team.

I don't declare myself a top tier player (how can I? I doubt I'll get out of this bracket and I JUST started) but I know enough about this game to not feed 8 or 9 times in 10-15 minutes.

Are there any plans to fix this, help this, or change all of this? I just started ranked and I'm already afraid to queue because I know I'll just get paired with some moron who plays twitch and opens in the middle of a team fight, or a trynd who wants to tower dive at level 4.

To be completely honest? I've encountered less idiots leveling my way up to 30. I cant believe some of these people even manage to wipe themselves

Squarefish

09-13-2010

incoming: tons of posts telling you its all your fault.

Yuruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarefish View Post
incoming: tons of posts telling you its all your fault.
I'm sure its my fault the twitch the last game fed 14 times in the 20 mins it took to lose.
or

The trynd before feeding 12 times ?

Clearly my mind control powers werent good enough

Squarefish

09-13-2010

I am not saying it is your fault. There is just a ton of people our there who will tell you that it is just your fault, even if 3/5 people played total bullcrap.

Yuruku

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarefish View Post
I am not saying it is your fault. There is just a ton of people our there who will tell you that it is just your fault, even if 3/5 people played total bullcrap.
I realize this, and I'm also stating I'm not the godliest player ever with unrivaled kdr.

I'm saying these people aren't even close to a 500 elo level, yet theyre all I get stuck with

Supan00b

09-13-2010

Everyone shall downvote you. The second they notice it might be QQ they shoot you down and give you a incredibly broad solution. Or "Premade"

prapter

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruku View Post
I'm sure its my fault the twitch the last game fed 14 times in the 20 mins it took to lose.
or

The trynd before feeding 12 times ?

Clearly my mind control powers werent good enough

i never understand. are there only noobs on your team? this shouldnt be possible,

i mean just mathematically as p becomes large enough, it reaches the true proportion p so that there should be same amount of good/bad players on each team.

by this logic, why arent you feeding on the noobs on the other team?

Luapman

09-13-2010

Welcome to solo ranked, please have a seat.

Orthoclase

Recruiter

09-13-2010

if you're stuck in elo hell: play 3v3 as morde and carry your team to victory. I'm not sayin it's a cinch, but it's a lot easier for one man to carry a 3v3 than a 5v5

EDIT: hm I suppose I forgot that 3v3 ranked is separate from 5v5 ranked....

ApthyPrjkt

09-13-2010

This is how super low elo play works. Everyone lanes until about level 6. Teams will split to find the lowest health diehard who wouldn't B back to base, kill him, and the proceed to rape their partner. These two who are raging about no MIA call are now distracting their team from the fact that now 3 people are MIA, they then proceed to rape mid, and then the other open lane. Eventually the level difference is something like 1 team is level 17+ and the other team is level 14. At this point it's literally impossible to stop the snowball that started.

Another scenerio is that according to PainfuL there should be an equal number of scrub players on each team. In this scenario both teams do the same as the former, except now, they find the one idiot who always walks out by himself and feeds their team on him, leveling up, and flattening anything in their path no matter how skilled you are.

The final scenario is that you're entire team, while not feeding, doesn't know what last hitting or lane control is, and proceeds to have all your towers knocked down regardless of level or kills. The game then ends at somewhere around 20-25 minutes.

Elo hell is as it's name implies. Once you're in, there's no way out.