Anybody get a chance to try Garen yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

08-16-2012

As others pointed out, I'm not sure why they didn't fix his ult. It's okay at level 6, then just gets worse and worse. Either needed it be physical, or it needed to scale with AD so it isn't so garbage endgame. Could have used a range buff too.

He still can't really complete with better bruisers. Using a movespeed buff as a gap closer doesn't cut it. It needed slow immunity while active, not a one-time slow cleanse, even if that meant a longer CD. He does way more damage late game, but it doesn't help him much if he can't actually get in to do said damage to anyone but tanks.

Helixes

08-16-2012

I like him.

His early start is lower, but I personally feel much much more impactful late game.
That being said, I don't like his judgement change that lowers his move speed when passing through units, it feels like punishment for using the ability.

MMKH

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROSEPHIROTH View Post
http://i.imgur.com/dEzun.png

Idk seems pretty decent to me. Of course, single game sample size and etc. Statistics etc. He's clearly received a nerf to his early game, but his midgame is much stronger now in comparison.

Playing him like old Garen, of course you'll get kited. Don't approach with Q, that's asking for them to slow you. Walk up and bait the slow, then pop Q. He has a slow clear on his Q and 30% cc reduction on his W. If you can find a good alternative source of CDR you can even skip ionian for merc treads and be really difficult to CC except against champions with flash/gap breakers.

I don't think he's trash tier anymore on Domo. Mid tier at a minimum now. Not as good as Durrius, but respectable.
Well, you went up against an all melee team, which is basically the only comp that he can ever excel at.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROSEPHIROTH View Post
http://i.imgur.com/dEzun.png

Idk seems pretty decent to me. Of course, single game sample size and etc. Statistics etc. He's clearly received a nerf to his early game, but his midgame is much stronger now in comparison.

Playing him like old Garen, of course you'll get kited. Don't approach with Q, that's asking for them to slow you. Walk up and bait the slow, then pop Q. He has a slow clear on his Q and 30% cc reduction on his W. If you can find a good alternative source of CDR you can even skip ionian for merc treads and be really difficult to CC except against champions with flash/gap breakers.

I don't think he's trash tier anymore on Domo. Mid tier at a minimum now. Not as good as Durrius, but respectable.
He is still trash tier. He fills the "No real utility, Have High damage and Execute" Slot, except he can't reach the people he wants to kill and his execute is garbage. 2 champs that fill this slot better are Riven and Darius. Riven is essentially immune to slows, has 2 small stuns, and an AOE execute. Darius has an AOE pull and a PB AoE Execute(when done right) that deals true damage. This is just the unfortunate truth. Garen has been outmoded so hard.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

Found that with right runes/masteries, Randuin's alone brings him to 200 armor.

He may not do much damage, but he's really tanky now.

ArlanKels

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
Found that with right runes/masteries, Randuin's alone brings him to 200 armor.

He may not do much damage, but he's really tanky now.
You can build him AD, raw AD and concentrate on DAMAGEEE and he'll still get outshined by a lot of AD close range champs like Darius(Always Darius).

If you build him Tanky or Bruiser he's outshined by actual tanks and other bruisers.

Right now he brings diddly picklemonkey to the table to make him worth picking. Before he at least had his "You going to die now" ultimate...which Riot has promptly removed.

Pig Magus

08-17-2012

His ult used to be True Damage, but considering it's a % based execute it was rediculous. Considering how long the CD is I'd say they should change it back to True Damage.

TheBeetle

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Magus View Post
His ult used to be True Damage, but considering it's a % based execute it was rediculous. Considering how long the CD is I'd say they should change it back to True Damage.
True damage shouldn't exist just make it physical.

Elalya

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
His ultimate is utter trash now.
They can be at 10-20% of their HP and instead of dying or almost dying from your ultimate it instead drops them by about 200-300.

They decided magic damage on an AD-ADPen building champion would make for the bestest thing evah.

One Negatron Cloak and your ultimate starts doing about half of what it says.
It's always been like this.

Not saying it's good, but if I wouldn't go as far as calling it utter trash.

Overall he's still hit-or-miss. If you need a good source of non-aa physical damage and Pantheon and Durrius are banned then he is a reasonable choice. Riven is still better, though.

ArlanKels

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
It's always been like this.

Not saying it's good, but if I wouldn't go as far as calling it utter trash.

Overall he's still hit-or-miss. If you need a good source of non-aa physical damage and Pantheon and Durrius are banned then he is a reasonable choice. Riven is still better, though.
I'm thinking I'm noticing it more because I never use him in Dominion, but I have used him often in SR.

So I'm used to people building squishier and definitely with less magic resist.

Whereas on Dominion players tend to build a bit more tanky overall.