Anybody get a chance to try Garen yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Patch notes don't looks as awful for him as I previously thought. That isn't to say he'll be any good yet, considering how hard he falls off.

MMKH

08-15-2012

I've tried him, he doesn't seem that much better IMO. Still gets kited and pales in comparison to Derpius Maximus.

BROSEPHIROTH

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I've tried him, he doesn't seem that much better IMO. Still gets kited and pales in comparison to Derpius Maximus.
http://i.imgur.com/dEzun.png

Idk seems pretty decent to me. Of course, single game sample size and etc. Statistics etc. He's clearly received a nerf to his early game, but his midgame is much stronger now in comparison.

Playing him like old Garen, of course you'll get kited. Don't approach with Q, that's asking for them to slow you. Walk up and bait the slow, then pop Q. He has a slow clear on his Q and 30% cc reduction on his W. If you can find a good alternative source of CDR you can even skip ionian for merc treads and be really difficult to CC except against champions with flash/gap breakers.

I don't think he's trash tier anymore on Domo. Mid tier at a minimum now. Not as good as Durrius, but respectable.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

ive actually been using frozen hearth on him so i can skip ionian for merc
sure it has a waisted stat.. but ye Tons of armor and 20% cdr

konfetarius

08-15-2012

He does more damage, is more easily kitable. But he still loses to things he can catch and cannot catch the things he can kill.

Quote:
Don't approach with Q, that's asking for them to slow you. Walk up and bait the slow, then pop Q.
The converse of this is that they will just kite you and bait you to use Q. If you rely on speed shrines for this trick, might as well pick Durrius who uses them better as he actually has a built in slow, a hookshot, and flat out does more damage when he catches people.

The worst part is when you actually do reach someone with Q, you fire E, and suddenly are slowed and lose most of your damage. Putting the slow cleanse on Q was a horrific nerf designed apparently entirely around buffing the laning phase and I am still not sure why Riot thinks it was smart thing to do.

urmamasllama

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
The worst part is when you actually do reach someone with Q, you fire E, and suddenly are slowed and lose most of your damage.
why is everyone misreading his E you only slow down IF you are going through minions with it.

DiscworldDeath

08-15-2012

I think he meant someone slows you after you E, and you've already had to use Q to reach them.

BuildPolice

08-16-2012

I gave up because every time I choose him I get first time Kat + some supports on my team and when I initiate they run away and yell at me for dying. I haven't had a single non fail team when I pick him yet.

ArlanKels

08-16-2012

His ultimate is utter trash now.
They can be at 10-20% of their HP and instead of dying or almost dying from your ultimate it instead drops them by about 200-300.

They decided magic damage on an AD-ADPen building champion would make for the bestest thing evah.

One Negatron Cloak and your ultimate starts doing about half of what it says.

Ariou

08-16-2012

I'm pretty sure his ult has always been magic dmg. They nerfed early CD by 20 seconds and buffed it by 20 seconds at max rank.

But yeah, he cant kill those that want to get in to fight him and those that can't fight him up close just kite him all day. It still feels incredibly irritating to play.