Ryze vs. Cassiopeia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PianiParty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

I don't understand how there's any benefit to playing Cass over Ryze. I play Ryze in solo queue and can carry my team even if top and bot both feed. I play Cass in solo queue and if my team does well I am fine, if my team sucks I'm screwed.

Maybe somebody can explain how I can become a better Cass? Here's why I think Ryze completely outclasses Cass.

Damage
Cassiopeia has huge damage, yes. But Ryze's damage isn't much lower by mid game. And Cassiopeia in a team fight plays more like an adc, so her damage is going to go on bruisers since she can't dive the carries. When I play Ryze, I don't afraid of anything and am always on top of their adc or apc. So sure, I have less damage, but it's also going to all the right people.

Roaming
I really think Ryze is a better roamer. Cass's only hard CC is her ult, but it's hard to land an ult when ganking unless you can literally get behind them. That's unlikely with any wards, which is normally the case. Ryze on the other hand, easily gets a snare off and then a kill. And it's on a lot lower CD. And if he gets caught, he's a really good 1v1er.

Tankiness
No comparison. Ryze is stupid tanky with stupid damage. Cass is fragile with stupid damage. Because Ryze is so tanky, he can play the role of an anti-carry while having the damage of a carry. That means he can carry everything. Cass can't, not at all, I find her actually even more reliant on team than the AD carry since she doesn't have great escapes.

Risk/Reward
As Cassiopeia, I have to win my lane. If I don't win my lane I'm not going to be a big influence in mid game. And then after I win my lane, I'm still dependent on my team to peel for me. And I still have to land my skillshots and ult.

As Ryze, I just have to not lose my lane. Let me free farm (and nobody can stop me except for Cass), and I will kill everything.

Conclusion
What's the point of Cass? Ryze basically beats her at everything. I'm not saying this authoritatively, I doubt this is really the case, but I'm seeing that Ryze is stupid free ELO while Cass is far from it.

PianiParty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

pls to not yel at me and cal me nob pls to explain y cas is betr ty )))))))

PianiParty

08-16-2012

Bring
Up
My
Poast

Yuffy Kisaragi

08-16-2012

cass has a LOT more damage, and a gigantic ult

PianiParty

08-16-2012

^I never find that to really be the case, both of them will kill people if they're left alone, but Cass is never going to get left alone, and Ryze is always going to left alone. So even if Cass does 50% more damage, she also only gets to do that damage for 60% as much time.

Fanaticmogg

08-16-2012

Cass has a multi-hit slow/stun ult and another ability that can potentially stun an entire team, and an AoE poison cloud. Ryze's options for multi-target spells are a bit more limited.

PianiParty

08-16-2012

Every single one of Ryze's abilities is multi-target, he just QRWQEQ and that's huge AOE damage from ult. He just doesn't have the same AOE CC, but I never find Cass's ult to be that gamechanging since if my team is bad, I'm the only guy doing damage anyways.

PianiParty

08-16-2012

B
u
m
p

BTWFDRhadpolio

08-16-2012

The way I see it is, Ryze can get similar results as Cass, but it's stupidly easy to do so. Cass has way more potential, but that potential is not as easily unlocked. A decent Ryze can stun 1 person, and deal AoE damage on ult. A good Cass can stun potentially a whole enemy team, and does AoE damage all game long.

PianiParty

08-16-2012

I mean I think that Cass in the end has more potential, but it's not just relying on yourself, it's also in huge part relying on team. She really needs the team to peel for her. So in Solo Que she's kind of bad until higher elo. Am I missing something?