Let's talk Lee Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-10-2012

On paper Lee Sin looks like a great champion. High AD ratios, an AS slow, reveals stealth, aoe hard cc, mobility, does physical and magic damage, and low cooldowns. He also has innate spell vamp and life steal.

I'm not sure how to build him. He has great AD ratios so I could do AD caster/assassin, but he's skill shot reliant so he can't always hit the back line. I could build him tank, but then isn't he just a weaker Malphite? Because I'm not sure what role he fills, I'm also not sure when to pick him.

I've tried 21-9, and 15-15 (12% cdr) masteries. I use full armor pen runes. I always start prospectors. Most of the time I rush a brutalizer, then get boots2 (tabi or mercs). Then I get a phage. Then basic component tank items. Then I finish recipes.

What are your thoughts on Spirit Visage? It has good synergy with his w, and provides cdr. With ghostblade, SV, and 15-15 masteries Lee Sin has almost max cdr which lets him spam Q. On the other hand Lee Sin has good AD ratios so why not get Hexdrinker instead?

I've only played Lee Sin top. No idea what he is like bottom.

DiscworldDeath

09-10-2012

21-9-0, Sanguine Blade + Triforce are one route.
The other route is indeed the brutalizer, phage, hexdrinker, etc. route.

He's just harder to do good with compared to other champions who do similar levels of damage.

CDR is not the most amazing thing on Lee Sin unless you're really good at managing energy either.

FOODFOOD

09-10-2012

Every now and then, you'll blind pick as Lee Sin into a comp that has champs like WuKong and Akali. Those are fun times.

I typically go the boots + Prospecters + pots, then go for Phage, Hexdrinker, Atmas. After that, I build accordingly.

MMKH

09-10-2012

I've heard he is an early game assassin turned late-game offtank/bruiser.

konfetarius

09-10-2012

There are a few Lee Sin players that always seem to do wonders with the champion whenever top or bot lane, such as Totalement and Buddharice. You could try to steal their builds and/or try to get to spectate them.

Good damage, good mobility, epic baiting.