What do you think of Revive?

I enjoy Revive, and I feel like it makes Dominion more fun when everyone uses it. 28 31.46%
I enjoy Revive, but I would like more freedom in my summoner spell choices. 22 24.72%
I enjoy Revive, but think it is toxic to Dominion. 4 4.49%
I do not enjoy Revive, and feel like it makes Dominion less fun. 6 6.74%
I do not enjoy Revive, but I use it because I feel like it is mandatory. 9 10.11%
I am apathetic about Revive. 20 22.47%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Let's talk about Revive

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risemix View Post
Like, who is going to use Surge? :\
Volibear, like a baw...bear!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi21 View Post
If revive is removed on Dominion then flash should be removed on Summoners Rift.

Very few take revive on Summoners Rift.
Very few SHOULD take revive on Dominion over flash but it never happens -.-
Flash isn't a broken spell.

Here's the thing about Revive: it's useless on SR, arguably useless on TT, totally broken OP on Dominion, and would be even worse on Proving Grounds.

Revive literally has no place in the game where it is at an acceptable power level.

Revive is basically the Darius of Summoner Spells.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BduL

Member

08-16-2012

that makes cv sej? lol

ill show myself out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViolentlyCar

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Flash isn't a broken spell.

Here's the thing about Revive: it's useless on SR, arguably useless on TT, totally broken OP on Dominion, and would be even worse on Proving Grounds.

Revive literally has no place in the game where it is at an acceptable power level.

Revive is basically the Darius of Summoner Spells.
A dev (who will remain anonymous) told me a year or so back that he doesn't like revive because it's completely worthless unless there's a degenerate way to abuse it. I'm inclined to agree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SCIENCE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

I like revive right now because it lets me know which teammates I can trust since the ones that don't revive seem to be DO-WHAT-I-WANT or fail to try to look into and understand WHY revive is strong in the current meta without going hurrdurrlongcooldownlol. That being said: I still feel there are roles and cases where revive isn't needed or isn't as useful (i.e. ranged supports, glass cannons, etc.). However, like flash is to Summoner's Rift, revive is THE safest option as far as summoner spells go--you can't really go wrong with it. But the meta isn't fleshed out and teamwork/coordination in solo queue is still pretty questionable so going without isn't the smartest.

With good team comping, you win Windmill fight and you don't need to revive and tanks should be protecting the carries so they are not dying, but in solo queue you can't expect anything from anyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDA

Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBaker View Post
How come there's no option of "I enjoy revive but it's not a required choice". I enjoy Sauron's guide and agree with him on a lot of point but I don't check my mind at the door and blindly follow everything the "experts" say.
Quote:
Everybody always wants to ask me why Revive is so important in high Elo.
I guess checking your mind at the door and ignoring what the experts say is np.

It's really simple; when you start playing at a level where one mistake can easily cost you the game, having a continue is awesome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGod TryScience View Post
without going hurrdurrlongcooldownlol.
I understand why revive can be strong, but I'd be interested to hear why you think this isn't a valid argument. You can get, maybe, 2-3 uses of revive in a game that goes down to the wire. You can get a bit more than 2.5 ghosts/exhausts/garrisons off per revive (slightly more or less of other spells, but they're all pretty situational while almost anyone can make good use of one of those three). Sure, any one well timed use of Revive is gonna be better than any one use of basically any other summoner's spell but once you use it you're waiting a minimum of slightly more than seven and a half minutes, and that's assuming you can dig far enough into the utility tree to get the relevant mastery without missing out on a bunch of stats that would be more useful for the champion you're playing.

So yeah, as a bot laner or for one or two people going top it can be an amazing asset, but I've seen 5 man premades where everyone had revive get spanked more than once because they effectively only had one Summoner's Spell for the vast majority of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDA

Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Vinum View Post
I understand why revive can be strong, but I'd be interested to hear why you think this isn't a valid argument. You can get, maybe, 2-3 uses of revive in a game that goes down to the wire. You can get a bit more than 2.5 ghosts/exhausts/garrisons off per revive (slightly more or less of other spells, but they're all pretty situational while almost anyone can make good use of one of those three). Sure, any one well timed use of Revive is gonna be better than any one use of basically any other summoner's spell but once you use it you're waiting a minimum of slightly more than seven and a half minutes, and that's assuming you can dig far enough into the utility tree to get the relevant mastery without missing out on a bunch of stats that would be more useful for the champion you're playing.

So yeah, as a bot laner or for one or two people going top it can be an amazing asset, but I've seen 5 man premades where everyone had revive get spanked more than once because they effectively only had one Summoner's Spell for the vast majority of the game.
Dominion isn't so slow paced that every encounter is decided by summoner spells. These people were probably getting spanked with or without summoners' involved. Even assuming you lose an encounter for lack of a summoner spell, your team won't always be placed in an unfavorable position because of it.

What revive does is it lets you maintain the option of negating a bad play or situation. That doesn't mean popping revive as soon as you die, proper use of it is key, but the results far outweigh all of the alternatives.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Vinum View Post
Sure, any one well timed use of Revive is gonna be better than any one use of basically any other summoner's spell but once you use it you're waiting a minimum of slightly more than seven and a half minutes, and that's assuming you can dig far enough into the utility tree to get the relevant mastery without missing out on a bunch of stats that would be more useful for the champion you're playing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone goes down utility for dominion, there's pretty much no stats to be had there except movespeed at the very tippy top. Experience gain, gp/10 and hp/5? **** on Dominion xP

However, even with a nine minute cooldown revive has let me make so many saves I never run anything else on dominion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Here's the thing about Revive: it's useless on SR, arguably useless on TT, totally broken OP on Dominion, and would be even worse on Proving Grounds.
You know I was just thinking that no other summoner spell is as awesome as barrier on that map, the only that could compare would be revive - then I was promptly super sad cause it wasn't available ):


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone goes down utility for dominion, there's pretty much no stats to be had there except movespeed at the very tippy top. Experience gain, gp/10 and hp/5? **** on Dominion xP

However, even with a nine minute cooldown revive has let me make so many saves I never run anything else on dominion.
Spellvamp, CDR, mana, mana regen. The increased buff duration also applies to speed shrines and the Stormshield. So yes, there are champs that can rock utility on dom.

And I'm not saying it's a bad spell or anything, far from it, I'm just saying that garrisoning several nodes, exhausting several people, getting too someplace (or catching someone, or escaping someone) with ghost several times or several uses of some other summoner spell that syngergizes well with your champion or strategy can easily prevent your from ending up in the sort of situation where you need to save your bacon with revive in the first place.


123