Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Garen, max Q before E now.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SticklerMac

08-15-2012

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Edit: Are any of these downvotes from people who have actually tried it? I don't think so.

DM Lee

Recruiter

08-15-2012

can you tell me why i should Q before E? also what build are you using tanky or more carry items?

KetiaX

08-15-2012

I still max E first for farming and shoving lanes. Besides, it does more damage

Soul Cloud

08-15-2012

It's W first.
Then split points and only level ultimate on lvl 9 15 and 18.

Please learn to garen

Shinzoku

08-15-2012

E's scalling now scales with levels. Better max Q.

Makes sense.

Im Contributing

08-15-2012

Q removes slow effects now instead of E, and leveling it up gives it a lower CD. He's saying that Q is more beneficial for countering ganks when people pile slows on you.

NaJin Slash

08-15-2012

Dem Q crits.

AdmiralAardvark

08-15-2012

Just won a game with an IE Mallet Garen. He did pretty nasty damage while being tough to kill via W and his runes, which he said were pure scaling MR and Armor to take advantage of the 20% bonus.

SticklerMac

08-15-2012

Quote:
DM Lee:
can you tell me why i should Q before E? also what build are you using tanky or more carry items?

Sure, with the new changes, Q is less of a "one point wonder" than before. The duration of the speed buff, as well as the duration of the silence now scale with the level of the skill. Also, maxing Q first gives you more damage levels 1-9. Combine all this with the fact that Judgement is less effective than it used to be, and maxing Q becomes even more valuable.

I have only played one game with the new Garen so my experience is limited, but I laned against a fizz and literally took him from 70% to dead at level six with just one Q>R combo.

Kyrrion

08-15-2012

Quote:
HamrioMusica:
Q removes slow effects now instead of E, and leveling it up gives it a lower CD. He's saying that Q is more beneficial for countering ganks when people pile slows on you.

Ranking up E lowers the CD. Q is a flat 8 seconds at all ranks now (which previously you had to get rank 5 for 8 second CD).