New Garen, max Q before E now.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SticklerMac

08-15-2012

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Edit: Are any of these downvotes from people who have actually tried it? I don't think so.

DM Lee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

can you tell me why i should Q before E? also what build are you using tanky or more carry items?

KetiaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

I still max E first for farming and shoving lanes. Besides, it does more damage

Soul Cloud

08-15-2012

It's W first.
Then split points and only level ultimate on lvl 9 15 and 18.

Please learn to garen

Shinzoku

08-15-2012

E's scalling now scales with levels. Better max Q.

Makes sense.

Im Contributing

08-15-2012

Q removes slow effects now instead of E, and leveling it up gives it a lower CD. He's saying that Q is more beneficial for countering ganks when people pile slows on you.

NaJin Slash

08-15-2012

Dem Q crits.

AdmiralAardvark

08-15-2012

Just won a game with an IE Mallet Garen. He did pretty nasty damage while being tough to kill via W and his runes, which he said were pure scaling MR and Armor to take advantage of the 20% bonus.

SticklerMac

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM Lee View Post
can you tell me why i should Q before E? also what build are you using tanky or more carry items?
Sure, with the new changes, Q is less of a "one point wonder" than before. The duration of the speed buff, as well as the duration of the silence now scale with the level of the skill. Also, maxing Q first gives you more damage levels 1-9. Combine all this with the fact that Judgement is less effective than it used to be, and maxing Q becomes even more valuable.

I have only played one game with the new Garen so my experience is limited, but I laned against a fizz and literally took him from 70% to dead at level six with just one Q>R combo.

Kyrrion

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrioMusica View Post
Q removes slow effects now instead of E, and leveling it up gives it a lower CD. He's saying that Q is more beneficial for countering ganks when people pile slows on you.
Ranking up E lowers the CD. Q is a flat 8 seconds at all ranks now (which previously you had to get rank 5 for 8 second CD).