To all "Where is my black champion" threads.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotamer View Post
No, I am saying being a skin color doesn't mean your in titled to anything. .
Do I sound like I feel entitled? Does the [negro] man sound like he feels like he deserves something? Why are you asking me this? That's what I'm thinking right now.

Quote:
Also, you find it hard to introduce other blacks? Tell them it isn't their game, and they should get over it.
its not your's either, gtfo and take all your friends. While youre at it tell them to take all their friends as well. Its not theirs so they have no right to enjoy this. Don't ever tell anyone you want them to try this with a straight face. You don't have a right to feel comfortable introducing new members because this game isn't your's. In fact stop defending RIOT, the company isn't yours. What you like or don't mind about them doesn't matter.

Quote:
Also, I don't want their to never be a black champion. But still do you want a black champion for you, or to honour the blacks of the past that did something.
Why does it matter? If I want a champ with bigger boobs do I need it to honor all the boobs that paved the way for women with ****? Does it even matter if I just wanna fap to something?

... o_o yeah I said it dont judge me mutha****a

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuityDrood View Post
Is everyone who plays this game blind?

Attachment 519894
whats that on his waist, and what kind of headdress is that.

... whats.. his name...

OuityDrood

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealboxofdoom View Post

... Whats.. His name...
his name is malzahar.who cares what kind of headdress it is or why it's there. He's black, this is what you people want.

EDIT: I do not classify the phrase "you people" as yourself and other black people, but rather the three our four threads about black champions that have spawned in the last half hour.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
his name is malzahar.who cares what kind of headdress it is or why it's there. He's black, this is what
/slow motion

you people
/rewind
elpoep uoy
/play
you people
/rewind
elpoep uoy
/play
you people

/normal speed
want.

EDIT: I do not classify the phrase "you people" as yourself and other black people, but rather the three our four threads about black champions that have spawned in the last half hour.
I care what the man with the middle eastern name and garb is wearing... xD but I guess a sand-n**** is still a n**** right guyz right? o_o

Rampant Poncho

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post

... whats.. his name...
You're just looking for things to point out that you think are racist now. The fact that he has a dagger on his waist and scarf and something covering his head doesn't need to be reference to any specific race at all, nor does his name. It's people like you that keep racism alive...

OuityDrood

09-01-2012

Quote:
I care what the man with the middle eastern name and garb is wearing... xD but I guess a sand-n**** is still a n**** right guyz right? o_o
Good job editing out the part where I specifically stated that I meant no racial disrespect using the term "you people" and wasn't even referring to black people at all.
I will answer your questions.

The headdress is a purple one, used for keeping out heat and sand. malzahar is from the desert. Purple is a rich color, implying that Malzahar has wealth.

The thing on his waist is a dagger. It's used for stabbing sh*t that gets too close. When your occupation is a gladiator style magical superhero, it's nifty to have one. Malzahar has also been part of sacrificial ceremonies to the void, the dagger might have ceremonial significance, explaining why he does not use it to fight other champions.

Happy?

PS he's from a magical place called Runterra, so if you're looking for throwbacks to f*cking tribal Africa you probably won't find one.

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant Poncho View Post
You're just looking for things to point out that you think are racist now. The fact that he has a dagger on his waist and scarf and something covering his head doesn't need to be reference to any specific race at all, nor does his name. It's people like you that keep racism alive...
no, its people like me that keep cultures alive. The item on his waist is actually a very significant symbol to some. And by some I mean middle-easterners, thats just one thing though... thats okay... but what about the headdress thats strangely similar to those used in the middle east to keep sand out of the mouth, nose, hair and all that (typically while working certain jobs or traveling, not as common in the modern day due to advances in clothing technology, infrastructure, and other factors such as the relocation of prosperity within nations)

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
Good job editing out the part where I specifically stated that I meant no racial disrespect using the term "you people" and wasn't even referring to black people at all.
lol he actually apologized, I should make him more uncomfortable, I hear discomfort doesn't matter if this game doesn't belong to you specifically lol. xD

Quote:
I will answer your questions.

The headdress is a purple one, used for keeping out heat and sand. malzahar is from the desert. Purple is a rich color, implying that Malzahar has wealth.

The thing on his waist is a dagger. It's used for stabbing sh*t that gets too close. When your occupation is a gladiator style magical superhero, it's nifty to have one. Malzahar has also been part of sacrificial ceremonies to the void, the dagger might have ceremonial significance, explaining why he does not use it to fight other champions.

Happy?
o_o I don't recall purple ever being a symbol of wealth in africa.'

Its possible.

Just not something I've ever heard of

CerealBoxOfDoom

09-01-2012

Quote:
PS he's from a magical place called Runterra, so if you're looking for throwbacks to f*cking tribal Africa you probably won't find one.
They have throwbacks to fuedal asia and european ones. o_o not that it matters, I'd want a black champ even if they didn't.

OuityDrood

09-01-2012

Quote:
lol he actually apologized, I should make him more uncomfortable, I hear discomfort doesn't matter if this game doesn't belong to you specifically lol. xD

o_o I don't recall purple ever being a symbol of wealth in africa.'

Its possible.

Just not something I've ever heard of
Purple dye takes a lot to make, in fact all dark colored dye is hard to make, but generally speaking, purple is the hardest to make, and in many cultures, wearing purple was like going out in your tux, it meant you were rich enough to get your hands on the dye.

@Cereal: His skin is black, which is what you wanted, and you basically copy/pasted my headdress definition. Obviously someone who lives in the desert needs to keep sand from flying into his face, and protection from the sun.

Isn't it enough that Riot is not in fact racist? Think about it this way; you really can't have a black Democian or Noxian because they along with Ionia display primarily fair toned people, and at their cultural and technological states, it wouldn't really make sense for there to be black people there in the same way you wouldn't find Africans in Britain during the Middle Ages. That being said, Runterra is full of crazy stuff, so Riot thought up a nice cozy desert where there could be a group of black people, and then dreamed up Malzahar as the champion that would represent that area. In the lore, it seems like a far off middle of nowhere kind of place which might explain why we don't see many other champions from that region, the only reason Malzahar got in at all is because he's infused with Void power, implying that the rest of his people might not even be warriors like Democia or Noxus. Who knows though, there might be a few who decide to branch from that region and come to some city state, and prove their might.

PS- Last I checked one of the Pantheon skins are black.