To all "Where is my black champion" threads.

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

I want you suggest a "concept" to a black champion that is not offensive, racist, xenofobic, arquetipe and not filled yet in the game, so then I can say "I agree whit you".
Before that, forget getting a black champion, because, if you don't know how to make one whitout beign racist, no one knows.

Negrojefe

08-15-2012

Darius could have ben black without being offensive, racist, xenofobic, arquetipe. So could Garen. So could Varus, so could almost any champ.

Even teemo could have been a black yordle.

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Darius could not have been black because, lore-wise, he's swain's toady which would have been too reminiscent of slavery.
Garen could not have been black because see above, but replace swain with Jarvan IV.
Varus could not be because he looks almost demonic, are you saying black people are the devil?
Teemo couldn't have been black because he's bipolar (if you read his lore) and one of the most annoying champs in the game...are you saying black people are bipolar/annoying?

Note: I do not personally make any of those arguments, but I guarantee someone will. That's the problem. No matter what the black champion does, someone will find a way to make it racist.

Carnack

08-15-2012

*facepalms* THE ONLY BLACK CHAMP THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE IS YOURS!

STOP STARTING **** YOU MORON!

Eaglesfan427

08-15-2012

You can be as careful as you want with the kit, but if he gets nerfed then community calls riot racist for making the black champion weaker than everyone else. Don't even get me started on the fact that the whole concept of buying black people didn't go over well...

PinkuRocket

08-15-2012

People complain about everything Riot does, nobody cares how Riot feels. D;

strypedhyena

08-15-2012

Jayce could have been black without being racist, offensive or xenophobic.

lemonpartyfan0

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Armor0 View Post
Darius could not have been black because, lore-wise, he's swain's toady which would have been too reminiscent of slavery.
Garen could not have been black because see above, but replace swain with Jarvan IV.
Varus could not be because he looks almost demonic, are you saying black people are the devil?
Teemo couldn't have been black because he's bipolar (if you read his lore) and one of the most annoying champs in the game...are you saying black people are bipolar/annoying?

Note: I do not personally make any of those arguments, but I guarantee someone will. That's the problem. No matter what the black champion does, someone will find a way to make it racist.

So true.

CerealBoxOfDoom

08-15-2012

Anansi, the clever spider

lore:
inventor mage extraordinare from that place rammus came from. Employed by the league to represent a certain small city-state getting started in the area. One he plans to have great influence in.

character alignment: often mean spirited but generally good but not terribly fond of physical labor seeing as the original was a spider. Think of him as a grumpy old man who gets kicks out of trolling the local kids.

character attributes: A comical old man, preferably in the form of a spider, to him champs like swain are like spunky little kids, and he'd likely find leblanc, mokai and other older, more powerful champs (lorewise) more interesting. He would be the epitimay of the trickster and have strange abilities centered around slights of hand that punish players that don't follow the very basics, like standing behind minions and not standing under turrets and whatnot.

based off the tales of uncle anansi, the wise spider that

accidently created the moon and stars,
nearly made a chameleon into a god,
and tricked a man into feeding his house to a village of starving people.

k518

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********fan0 View Post
So true.
No its not, only a ****** would have made than argument.

1234511 ... 20