Double mid = New meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wieners Revenge

08-15-2012

Okay, so the title isn't 100% serious, but I just had a ranked game where we did this and it worked very well, so it got me curious.

Basically, our last pick locked in Diana when we had a mid (me as Brand) already. We ended up shutting down Ahri really hard. We denied her farm and pushed down mid tower really fast. Our jungler helped out our adc when he needed it. As soon as mid tower was down, I went down to help kog. At the end of the game, our Diana had more farm than enemy Ahri, and I nearly had as much farm as Ahri as well. Diana was also a level ahead of Ahri, and I was the same level as her, simply because we were able to deny her so hard. Their jungler tried to help Ahri, but with all the burst we had, it usually hurt them more than it helped.

Thoughts?

EDIT - LOL at the downvotes. I'm not saying people should do this. Just asking what people think.

CTkiller

08-15-2012

No

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Using meta wrong....go figure...

Rovert10

08-15-2012

No it's just the Ahri was either not good or the jungler was bad at giving support.

The whole point of the solo mid is that AP carries are much more reliant on levels rather than gold like the AD carry. Thus having a solo lane allows for a much faster level up.

Ben is stupid

08-15-2012

No because mid pushes the lane hard then, but bottom would be pushing hard too allowing for easy 3-2 or 4-2 gnaks

DomainSpecific

08-15-2012

It could work, but it is not the best way. You need an AP that farms great under tower to go bot, and you need a rather tanky AD in mid (as to endure the burst from the enemy AP).

The support should be one with good CC (Leona, Taric, Janna), so she can gank top or even bot lane once in a while.

If you trust your bot lane as to let him engage against two people, go ahead.

Kid Perfect

08-15-2012

I don't see why you couldn't get away with this other than the fact that you usually wont be getting the farm/exp that you and Diana need. I could see you running a lane swap where you had a mid and a support but then you are leaving your ADC to farming under their tower and susceptible to easy ganks.

It's risky but your adc will probably fall behind and that could hurt you late game.

SunOfABeach

08-15-2012

Look im a stupid child and I see something for the first time

"IS THIS NEW META YET ??"

Do you even think ?

"Malphite mid new meta"
"double jungle new meta"

People posting like that are just brain damaged. Such bad logic it hurts.

Aemys

08-15-2012

Some mid champions can easily handle 1v2 situations, similar to how some top champs can handle 1v2. Champions like Zyra, Cassiopeia, Malzahar and Rumble are like, 1v2? No problem. In which case, they'll level faster than you, get more gold and probably be able to kill you both with a little bit of help from the jungler.

Ahri isn't good 1v2. She's too mana hungry early game, and her abilities aren't terribly effective at clearing waves until she gets some AP. She just won't be able to clear the wave and trade harass.

It isn't a new meta thing, it's a you're lucky you were playing against Ahri and the enemy team didn't respond effectively to double mid thing.