Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Queue Dodge Penalty: Unintended feature?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

08-24-2012

Theres no dodge penalty for Dominion. Riot has known about it for some time and still hasn't fixed it

The Best Olaf NA

08-25-2012

Quote:
Aellynh:
They really need to put the -10 rating penalty back into place for people that quit ranked games on purpose. The penalty should be cumulative for each time this occurs in the same day, IE quitting consecutive queues in the same day results in -20, -30, and so forth for points loss. Guarantee this will stop people from quitting the queue "because they feel like it" and making 9 other people wait another 2-5 minutes to rejoin a game.

so please explain to me how queue dodging should effect you're elo, as a player who has dodged many times, It isn't a good thing to be forced to play with bad players/trolls and as an outing i will dodge, if i lose elo im less inclined to dodge but i will still dodge just not like losing elo because i dodge. Making someone lose elo because they dodge doesn't properly show how well a player does with his individual performance.

in higher elo games i can see why but another 2-5 minutes isn't much its like the same amount of time for a normal draft mode. Its fine the way it is.

Vanilla Trubbs

Recruiter

08-25-2012

Quote:
Sherrif:
It sucks if you lose connection during the queue, it's a 25 minute punishment for sending 9 guys back to the queue. If it was to be separated they would have too many people dodging normals and poisoning ranked because it will let them queue up again. We don't want that, and we don't want it going either direction.

At this point, the problem goes a lot deeper than queue dodge timers. It has to do with the fact that the vast majority of people who play this game are simply ****ty human beings.

Aellynh

08-25-2012

Quote:
unfitg0d0fwar:
so please explain to me how queue dodging should effect you're elo, as a player who has dodged many times, It isn't a good thing to be forced to play with bad players/trolls and as an outing i will dodge, if i lose elo im less inclined to dodge but i will still dodge just not like losing elo because i dodge. Making someone lose elo because they dodge doesn't properly show how well a player does with his individual performance.

in higher elo games i can see why but another 2-5 minutes isn't much its like the same amount of time for a normal draft mode. Its fine the way it is.

Because the dodging affects teams in both ways, there are going to be times when you're on the team with an unfair advantage due to team composition, as well as times where you are clearly on the losing team. The point of putting the penalty back into place is it forces players to make an actual attempt at working with their team and making the best of it. Not having any penalty gives players no incentive to stick with a team, thus completely eliminating the element of working with the team you are given. It isn't supposed to eliminate the trolls.

The Best Olaf NA

08-25-2012

Quote:
Aellynh:
Because the dodging affects teams in both ways, there are going to be times when you're on the team with an unfair advantage due to team composition, as well as times where you are clearly on the losing team. The point of putting the penalty back into place is it forces players to make an actual attempt at working with their team and making the best of it. Not having any penalty gives players no incentive to stick with a team, thus completely eliminating the element of working with the team you are given. It isn't supposed to eliminate the trolls.

the incentive is built into ranked, hence why you play ranked over normals, back to the topic.

i think the thinking that riot has with queue dodging in a ranked is that they want to punish you greatly for dodging so it effects all riot made game modes. Custom games aren't effected at all, thats why when i dodge i simply go play arams.

DarkePacific

08-26-2012

Quote:
Sherrif:
Yeah... Just so y'all know, those downvotes are personal attacks, and I resent it. I simply state that it's probably intentional and my life doesn't revolve around video games.

I downvoted all of your posts, just for posting this.