Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Queue Dodge Penalty: Unintended feature?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinjuma

08-15-2012

Problem: Queue Dodge Penalty for ranked games is effecting non ranked games and even AI.
Solution: Separate timers for ranked games and standard games.

The cool story bro
So I queue up for some ranked duo queue with a buddy and bam my internet connection drops for 2 seconds and I'm booted out in champ select. Aw can't do ranked for another 24mins... okay thats fine... detect the dodgers. Lets play some normal or Coop vs. AI! You must wait 23mins... WHAT?!

Riot.... please fix this! Now I stare at forums for 20 more mins :/

Edit 1:
Two penalty timers: rankedtimer and normaltimer

if player disconnects from normal game
normaltimer = 5min & rankedtimer = 30min

if player disconnects from a ranked game
normaltimer = 0min & rankedtimer = 30min

Of course, take into account the scaling as well.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Queue_dodging

Sherrif

Recruiter

08-15-2012

Unintended or not, I prefer it that way. Personally I'd rather play something else if I get a team that makes me want to dodge.

Astrø

Senior Recruiter

08-15-2012

Yeah 1+ support on this. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but Dota doesn't even penalize for leaving bot games, so with that, shouldn't we be able to join one whenever? Just saying.

Sherrif

Recruiter

08-15-2012

Yeah... Just so y'all know, those downvotes are personal attacks, and I resent it. I simply state that it's probably intentional and my life doesn't revolve around video games.

Shinjuma

08-15-2012

Quote:
Sherrif:
Yeah... Just so y'all know, those downvotes are personal attacks, and I resent it. I simply state that it's probably intentional and my life doesn't revolve around video games.

Probably random people who browse through the forums... but with your comment and now this response... you are just asking for it.... Next time edit your previous post, instead of creating a new post, unless you really are wanting to start something. Otherwise new posts should be on topic!

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure this is unintended and for most players this is a problem. Especially when they have already played other video games and this is say... their first LoL game of the day like it was mine. Sucks when you are itching to play the game and you cannot do any game type due to the penalty. I didn't check custom games though. Next time if my internet somehow goes out again since I don't queue dodge... I'll check!

Sherrif

Recruiter

08-15-2012

It sucks if you lose connection during the queue, it's a 25 minute punishment for sending 9 guys back to the queue. If it was to be separated they would have too many people dodging normals and poisoning ranked because it will let them queue up again. We don't want that, and we don't want it going either direction.

Shinjuma

08-15-2012

Quote:
Sherrif:
It sucks if you lose connection during the queue, it's a 25 minute punishment for sending 9 guys back to the queue. If it was to be separated they would have too many people dodging normals and poisoning ranked because it will let them queue up again. We don't want that, and we don't want it going either direction.

Good point. This could be fixed by something like this:

Two penalty timers: rankedtimer and normaltimer

if player disconnects from normal game
normaltimer = 5min & rankedtimer = 30min

if player disconnects from a ranked game
normaltimer = 0min & rankedtimer = 30min

Of course, take into account the scaling as well.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Queue_dodging

Does that seem solid? (I will add to main post!)

Shinjuma

08-16-2012

Has riot ever explained their reasoning for the timer effecting all game types? Also, has anyone checked to see if custom games are effected?

Rivenously

08-22-2012

you shouldn't be rewarding for leaving a ranked game. you need to be PUNISHED.

Aellynh

08-24-2012

They really need to put the -10 rating penalty back into place for people that quit ranked games on purpose. The penalty should be cumulative for each time this occurs in the same day, IE quitting consecutive queues in the same day results in -20, -30, and so forth for points loss. Guarantee this will stop people from quitting the queue "because they feel like it" and making 9 other people wait another 2-5 minutes to rejoin a game.