Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you Counter Pick in Ranked Games?

Yes, every game. 19 57.58%
I know I can beat them without counter picking. 6 18.18%
LOL? Counters, tables, chairs, what? 8 24.24%
Voters 33 .

Counter Picking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freckl3s

Recruiter

09-13-2010

When someone picks a certain champion, do you usually try to pick a champion that would be good at countering their use in team fights?

I have honestly just came to this revelation that it's pretty dang important, but I feel like a lot of people just aren't thinking of it.

Do you consider counter picking a critical part of ranked games?

It might be my ELO, but very rarely have I seen people that I play with counter pick.

MetalGearLuigi

09-13-2010

NO U ALWAYS EITHER PICK EVE OR ASHE. IF THEY ARE UNAVAILABLE PICK TF OR SOMTHING AND STACK HP.

Other then that, I dont know how much more idiotic you could make yourself OP, other then perhaps typing out the post I just did.

SoopaTomato

Recruiter

09-13-2010

i have enough trouble making sure my team isn't all dps carries

Clever Diversion

09-13-2010

yes

JoeDuo

09-13-2010

Quote:
Nicholaus:
When someone picks a certain champion, do you usually try to pick a champion that would be good at countering their use in team fights?

I have honestly just came to this revelation that it's pretty dang important, but I feel like a lot of people just aren't thinking of it.

A lot of players are only playing one or two champions.
It's good to be able to play enough champions to cover for the most important roles.
Physical carry, magical carry, tank, CC, jungle.

Raiden27d

09-13-2010

It's a good topic as most people don't care what the enemy chooses and it has no effect on what they choose. Me however I counter pick very often it does help if you think about what you're choosing and the enemies you're facing.

Herkucheeze

09-13-2010

Yes, as much as possible with the champs I am runed for.

People counter pick a lot from my experience. I took Kog once with the first overall pick, and the enemy promptly chose Akali, Xin, and Kassadin. Sad Face.

ErictheAlm

09-13-2010

counter picking is difficult outside the obvious, especially when you *do* have your teammates picking 4 CCless DPSers. im always torn between picking the one champ that would tear up their team or the one champ that would help my team. D:

Sakagami0

09-13-2010

Most people don't counter pick. Most people just play a champion that their team needs or their main(s).

CounterCraft

09-13-2010

Generally, you usually don't want to counter pick.
You should, however, try not to get counter picked.
Like picking Jax when enemy team have 3-4 casters.