Champion Relaunch Spotlight: Katarina

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tragiktile

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
I know! Let's take an op champ. and make them ridiculously unfair to the point where anyone NOT playing her wants to firebomb our houses!
seriously?

i remember when this champ was first released. she was the first truly broken champ you made.
glad to see your going back to your roots with this.

gg.

Paige

08-15-2012

well... at least her model is better.... :/

Kote Branford

08-15-2012

Bring back the old magics of Katarina!

Transcendedone

08-15-2012

katarina is completely ruined now

NerTea

08-15-2012

OK the problem are this.... First of all kat damage on early game is so freaking weak... all the other mages can regen or deal more damage than her so dunno why do u think u are doing with nerf Q... the other bad thing is shumpo CD... I will not talk about shumpo damage becouse that's why BB gives that buff ...and W is missed becouse u need atleast shumpo 2 at lvl 5 becouse of that huge CD....

Fluffyknowsyou

08-15-2012

The old kat was better

Tripwire78

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

This was a great change. Glad to finally be able to farm much easier now. And the early game play was changed drastically, mucho gusto Riot!

Many Ninjas

08-15-2012

Farming is definitely easier but man do I feel useless when I pop my ultimate now. I just laned against a Diana and was so outmatched it's not even funny.

Lobsterdeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

"Katarina is a melee mage and assassin who excels purely at dealing as much damage as possible and taking out entire enemy teams so this is why we nerfed the damage on all her abilities, q only scales with AP now AND her ult now channels for less time."

"Katarina specializes in cleaning house at the end of a battle: As enemy champions fall, she can cast her abilities again, except her ult which now only refreshes for 10 seconds, so that you can't use it again even though it's duration was already reduced and it can be cancelled by 90% of the champion roster."

Fixed that for you, guys.

Voorheis

Recruiter

08-15-2012

IMO, her overall damage needs to be toned down a bit. She was pretty over-powered before the remake, and now she is just ridiculous. I am not in any way saying nerf her to the ground, just needs her damage output balanced out a bit more.

Granted, I am not the best player in the game but each match I have played with a Kat on the opposing team has gotten at least 4 different 3+ multi-kills; some of which were when the majority of the team were 3/4 HP or more.