New Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDracos

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Blainer View Post
I dont know how you guys can say she is any weaker. First of all she became more akali like, yes she lost damage in bouncing blades but she can now trigger a mark with a shunpo or AA which in my opinion seems actually OP. Second they added her W to her ulti so nothing missing there. Her NEW W seems quite worthwhile since your not really losing damage in BB if you can land the mark. To me all that really happened was she got another damage ability.
If you bothered doing the math, you'd notice she took a damage hit even with the new ability. Further, in-lane her ranged harass does less damage and, more importantly, it is more easily avoided thanks to the bounce mechanics.

If her ult is quickly interrupted, then she will do a little more damage now as they move much of her ult damage to her W, but some of her ult damage simply disappeared. Over-all, they've reduced her risk and reward, and made her laning far weaker. With some number buffs, she would be fine, but the intentionally released them low to be careful and not have her come out OP (Morello admitted this in Tiensen's thread) the same way they did with Eve and Twitch and the philosophy that 'we can fix it later if after a few patch cycles she's two weak.'

McDracos

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superalex121 View Post
That's a dumb comparison because the ulti of the old one alone would win her the fight.
The ulti, and also having 15% more DR wouldn't hurt either. Or AAs that do 24 more damage each if they managed to survive each other's burst.

Ledex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

I actually like the new kat a lot. Yeah i know she might not do the same damage as old kat but her new ability makes her really fun. BB > shumpo> SS then come back. This combo makes a lot of damage if you have the right items. A couple of combos and then you can finish your opponent with Death Lotus

Vandal Six

08-15-2012

****, I just bought her... waste of money.

Captain Astora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d1rP View Post
They killed the non existent AD Kat even more. I don't think gunblade is really worth it anymore, I'd rather rush rylias for the slow as opposed to gunblade. She feels awkward, but she's different, so..
HGB, Guinsoo and Maw make her very powerful along with M-pen/AP builds more so then pure AP. But the new kit still blows.

Steam Store

08-15-2012

What I like in the new kit:
-Animations look great
-Death marks and hitting them with W is a nice combo feel
-Sound Effects are smooth and interesting

What I dislike:
-Damage output feels low and less bursty
-New lore is garbage (uses the word passion about a million times and makes kat seem incompetent/lame)
-Shunpo is now pretty terrible
-For some reason shift 1,2,3,4 do no animations or taunts not sure if this is a bug cause /taunt works.

Mariachi U

08-15-2012

mm all i can say it was a big nerf . kat mid < All . maybe for all the new kat players is ok, but for me who uses kat alot it was the biggest nerf riot has done.
Srry for my english.

Dejon

08-15-2012

Guess ill find out myself, playing her in ranked right now. Lets see hwo dumb the maker of this thread is.

Apoc da Beast

08-15-2012

they took away her poke with Bouncing Blade, remover AD bonus and added 15% AP but it always deals less damage so you cant poke correctly from afar

Shunpo was nerfed by over 30% on base damage and the ap ratio went from 75% to 50%... 1/3 less ap rate...

Death Lotus deals the same damage in 2 seconds the old ult would do in 2 seconds... so it was also nerfed by 33%

Sinister Steel is just like a compensation for the damage lost on shunpo, not good in lane maybe they want to make a jungle kat with this...

I have played her alot before this and now I played her I can say, the poke went down badly, you have to put yourself into big risk if you want to harrass and the ult was nerfed bad... also taking the AD ratio off bouncing blades was a bad idea...

after this, I'm not even sure if buying a hextech gunblade is still viable/efficient on Katarina... I tried her in the jungle and she has decent clear speed if you max W but she has no CC for efficient ganks.

If this was an attempt to make her viable in competitive play, big mistake.

Enraged Nebula

08-15-2012

*yawn* QQ. not like she was played much to begin with. Every kat enthusiast is going to QQ forever so stop feeding them guys. they will never shut the **** up, they will never stop being annoying, and they will always cry about pointless **** that doesn't affect their lives in any way what so ever. QQ more kids. **** you'r all so annoying.