New Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

08-15-2012

Whaddya mean you -cant- poke with the new BB?

You realise it only used to have 1 bounce at rank 1 right?

Now, if you want to use the argument that it does squat for damage, I'd agree. Unless you can trigger the mark, it is pretty weak.

Hytamo

08-15-2012

AD Kat is useless and always was. People that play AD are using the same playstyle as AP but gimping themselves. AD Kat was always dumb. Them taking it away was the correct thing to do.

That said: New Kat needs some better base numbers.

BB also needs to revert to it's old targeting mechanics. That is all.

roludo 42

08-15-2012

i think they have done a bad work with kat.
If you put the old kat and the new kat to fight, the old one would win.

Literally What

08-15-2012

Her ult can't even finish someone off, in the old Kat, you would need shunpo to do that. But no, they just had to nerf the damage on it.

Tritotamar

08-15-2012

She's much weaker in lane now.

Late game she's better.

AntiSkillshot

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTantalus View Post
This. the new kit is awesome, I think it just needs some base damage buffs.
And a few ratio buffs. And maybe a readding of a AD Ratio on her Q.
Seriously, she was possible to be played as a hybrid before this rework. It's just flat out stupid to go hybrid now. Two AD ratios (yeah, they're higher than the AP on those skills they're tagged on) but four AP ratios...

BanditManSteve

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFireBeast View Post
I'm rather surprised how they managed to nerf every single ability, passive included. I only play Dominion and love Katarina. Was she OP as hell on SR or something?
She was underpowered if anything. She was too easy to shut down if you had some good cc, so the changes were to make her more consistent, meaning she has useful damage out side of her ult and isnt dependant on her ult. But I think they are just being careful and didnt want to make her op. They will probably buff her in rengar or syndra patch.

Dejon

08-15-2012

I dont know how you guys can say she is any weaker. First of all she became more akali like, yes she lost damage in bouncing blades but she can now trigger a mark with a shunpo or AA which in my opinion seems actually OP. Second they added her W to her ulti so nothing missing there. Her NEW W seems quite worthwhile since your not really losing damage in BB if you can land the mark. To me all that really happened was she got another damage ability.

McDracos

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytamo View Post
BB also needs to revert to it's old targeting mechanics. That is all.
Phreak's made it pretty clear that the targeting change for BB was an intentional nerf to her laning. In the patch preview he said that it 'allowed for counter-play' while in another thread he said that they intended to nerf her strong harass with BB. They seem to want to force you to jump on top of them to do any damage at all, and with the 14 second Shunpo CD that's more dangerous than ever as well.

Superalex121

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIOZUDO View Post
i think they have done a bad work with kat.
If you put the old kat and the new kat to fight, the old one would win.
That's a dumb comparison because the ulti of the old one alone would win her the fight.