New Garen discussion: was he nerfed or buffed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrakeRangoon

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryLapse View Post
I feel like this was a huge buff. I main Garen, and I have had a ton of success with him in both normal and ranked. I have made 3 veryyyyy long and detailed youtube videos about garen.

Here is a link to my video that dissects this new rework. I go over everything in the patch then show in game clips of the buff in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_uDY44Zok

Please thumbs up if you dont mind helping out a fellow summoner on youtube.
Awesome, liked your video and your strat. Now would you mind linking your guide in the YouTube video if you have a written one? Really like the tanky style build and I am about to try the full AD page I am just looking for more info on items and I imagine I am not alone.

Sweet Digital Blasphemy background btw, love that site.

Heek

08-21-2012

I'd say his late game got a buff and his early game got a slight nerf (which is fine because his early game was ridiculous while his late game was horrible (see Leblanc)).

albert22

05-29-2014

He was perfect until the rework and buff. Hes underused and underpowered enough, and i think riot buffed him because of the twist of fate when his ult killed the katarina.Heres my build:
-swiftness boots alacrity
-yoummuus ghostblade
-randuins
-warmogs
-infinity edge
-atmas Impaler

albert22

05-29-2014

Garens a tank, I see no point buying any ad on him. He has natural damage, and he scales off defense more than ad. Heres my build:
-mercury treds
-warmogs
-sunfire cape
-randuins omen
-spirit visage
-Locket of the iron solari

albert22

05-29-2014

Garen should be built like a bruiser most of the time, but if you have no other tank in the team you should build really tanky. Just because garen is easy to play, doesnt mean hes a "noob".

Morsigil

05-29-2014

Albert you're having a conversation with yourself in a 2 year old thread.