Accept/Decline Dialogue suggestion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stoober

08-15-2012

tl;dr at the top! I hit Accept. Let me continue chatting/reading/looking/buying stuff while I wait for others to do the same.

I love this new feature, but there is an aspect of it that really annoys me. After clicking Accept, I have to stare at this dialogue for the entire duration while waiting for everyone else. I can't do anything (Chat, browse, purchase RP, etc.) within the game client while this is going on.

Suggestion: After clicking Accept the dialogue becomes much smaller and moves off to a side (maybe make it movable by the user) and allow the player to continue what they were doing while they wait. Sure it is only 10 seconds or less of downtime, but after back-to-back people being AFK or declining it can get a little old having to wait to get back to a conversation or to go back to marveling at my personal ranked stats.

I'm also not sure if this is just a product of my sub-par computer, but after the dialogue has run its course and finds someone AFK or someone declines, it takes a few seconds for it to go away while the queue starts over. I see the notification on the bottom right, but the screen is still grayed out. If this isn't just me and is how the dialogue was intended to be, then I'd make an additional/alternative suggestion that would be to make the dialogue disappear right away and let the player continue browsing as the queue resets. We already get a notification that we have to go click on so the '!' stops blinking.

As it stands, I find the dialogue slightly annoying and a great feature like this could be streamlined a little more. As it stands I would assume a lot of people are Alt-Tabbing while they wait after hitting Accept. This is actually promoting people being AFK (or Away From LoL checking facebook/watching youtube) during the pre-game lobby. For me, the client doesn't bring itself to the front of my screen as the game enters champ select and I have to Tab back from my browser to see.

Thanks for reading! I hope a Red gets a chance to take a look. Maybe RiotKiddington?

Stoober

08-16-2012

Bump

I'm not making this post to complain, but rather to make a suggestion so that this feature can be more polished.

bradles

08-20-2012

when the match disbands I also have it hang on for a second while you can see the notification in the corner. The thing that really annoys me is how it resets the page back to the main screen, so if you where in the middle of shopping you have to open the store again, and click on the right tab again, and search for you item again, and by that time another game has started so you can't finish buying it.

Stoober

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradles View Post
when the match disbands I also have it hang on for a second while you can see the notification in the corner. The thing that really annoys me is how it resets the page back to the main screen, so if you where in the middle of shopping you have to open the store again, and click on the right tab again, and search for you item again, and by that time another game has started so you can't finish buying it.
Ya I've had the same issue. Fairly frustrating.

Acru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

It is because the 'waiting for other players...' dialog is a modal dialog, where it shouldn't be.

Modal dialogs are for taking focus to request user input, but after accepting/declining, there is no further input needed.

It ought to go to the same area that displays the time waiting in queue, instead.

Stoober

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acru View Post
It is because the 'waiting for other players...' dialog is a modal dialog, where it shouldn't be.

Modal dialogs are for taking focus to request user input, but after accepting/declining, there is no further input needed.

It ought to go to the same area that displays the time waiting in queue, instead.
Totally agree.