Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can leaving a match get me banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yin30

08-14-2012

I was in this custom match of hide and seek and had linked what rules we were using before the match started, and then noone was following them, and some people were acting like we were using a different set of rules, and i was hungry so left to go get something to eat.

If I am in a custom game and leave can i get banned?

A. By leaverbuster

B. By report

this is about CUSTOM games

Doom Owl

08-14-2012

One game? No
Many games (ruining others' games)? Yes

IS16e7c68f67142a

08-14-2012

Just custom games? No

It's rather unfortunate due to how many people leave ARAM and the like, but it's whatever.

Also, you wouldn't be banned for one incident anyway, it'd take a lot even in normal games.

I'd still suggest staying whenever possible, it still makes the game a little worse for teammates

Mosqiil

Recruiter

08-14-2012

Yes.

Both leaverbuster and tribunal reports are valid through custom games.

Deflar

Recruiter

08-14-2012

Leaving games can net a suspension, but it would take multiple leaves in a very short amount of time and possibly getting reported by your teammates or even your opponents to potentially merit a ban.

When I first started playing, I had quit two matches and didn't return to them. I was given an automated warning about my quits saying if I kept it up, my account would've been suspended for a week. Since, haven't quit a game, even if it was infuriating beyond belief due to either teammates or numerous deaths.

I've done custom games myself, but I don't do them with anyone outside my brother, and I usually do them to test builds I want to see if they work or not before going onto players, or learning a new champion (in this week's case, Zyra, or Leona when I first got her). Because I'm generally the only one in said customs, I exit out cancels the game because it was just pure bots.

That being said, I wouldn't quit games unless the only one being hurt is myself. If I was in a custom, ARAM (not sure what that means mind you) or just for fun, with players, I'd remain in it.

Even if the match becomes aggravating and my own teammates call me a noob for constantly dying (which often happens when I'm facing champions I'm not too familiar with), I stay in it.