[Item Suggestion] The Facebeater (Brutalizer Upgrade)

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImIndustructible

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAForumSmurf View Post
I don't see those situations.
And from reading your argument, you seem to agree with me.
ArPen is simply a bad stat for AD carries.
And think about it, every point of ArPen you buy as an AD carry reduces the cost effectiveness of LW, which you are gonna buy anyway late game.
This is the reason you never see Black Cleaver on AD carries.

Again, compare a BT with my item - a BT just scales so much better on an AD carry.
Urgot rapes with Brutualizer for a reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NAForumSmurf

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylywyn View Post
I was going with the overall final Stats. It really doesn't matter which Items they come from in the end. Then I add in the "premium" for combining very compatible, otherwise hard to combine Stats. Plus, at least one brain-stutter, bolded below, on my part when I read the Passive as 20% not 2%... And, quite honestly, 20% isn't all that unreasonable, a full-Heal for Acing the Enemy, or more likely just standing up to 2-4 more Attacks per Champion Kill or Assist. And 2% per _any_ Kill or Champion Assist would be interesting, too...
.
Well i was also thinking 2% might be a little weak. But 20% is definitely too much. I think 4% might still be acceptable. And 2% for ANY kill would be insane. Think of the laning phase. You would be unkillable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIndustructible View Post
Urgot rapes with Brutualizer for a reason.
Yea and Urgot is an AD caster - for whom this item is intended - NOT an AD carry (even if he usually takes the place of an AD carry on bot lane).


Seriously, I challenge those who say that this is an insta-buy item for AD carries to give me 1 good argument why an AD carry would take this item over a BT or PD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihave2cows

Senior Member

08-16-2012

I've got an idea to fix this; make it an armor reduction aura, kinda like abyssal scepter. To keep ranged ADCs from wanting it, put the range at around 200 or 250. Bam.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NAForumSmurf

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave2cows View Post
I've got an idea to fix this; make it an armor reduction aura, kinda like abyssal scepter. To keep ranged ADCs from wanting it, put the range at around 200 or 250. Bam.
Interesting idea. I had a similar train of thought when i realized we still don't have a replacement item for Stark's Fervor (ie an item with an armor reduction aura).

However, the aura's short range, while very effective at discouraging AD carries from taking the item, would also hinder AD casters from taking it, since their abilities often have a range longer than 250 units.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cpudemon

Senior Member

08-16-2012

Haha diablo 2 icon? :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

Senior Member

08-18-2012

Comparing this thing to a Black Cleaver...
= Same damage.

- Less attack speed.
- Penetration instead of reduction.
- Lower amount of armour mitigation (be it penetration or armour)

+ CDR
+ Health Regen on Kill

ADCs don't build Black Cleaver that often, so this item is not bad and ADCs will not really use it.

Also, I think it's a bit cheap given the CDR and the Regen Passive, but overall good.


Last thing: Guys, stop always saying ADCs will be OP with this item, and so goes on. Make comparisons and correlations, even Rioters can't know the exact outcome until they internally test.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NAForumSmurf

Senior Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Comparing this thing to a Black Cleaver...
= Same damage.

- Less attack speed.
- Penetration instead of reduction.
- Lower amount of armour mitigation (be it penetration or armour)

+ CDR
+ Health Regen on Kill

ADCs don't build Black Cleaver that often, so this item is not bad and ADCs will not really use it.

Also, I think it's a bit cheap given the CDR and the Regen Passive, but overall good.


Last thing: Guys, stop always saying ADCs will be OP with this item, and so goes on. Make comparisons and correlations, even Rioters can't know the exact outcome until they internally test.
Thanks for your comparison.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

10-09-2012

I fail to see why ADCs would want this item. ADCs generally don't care much for CDR and they could take BT to give much better damage and sustain. The penetration might help but their penetration needs are much better solved by LW. This might be used by bruisers, but ADCs will still stick with the holy trinity of IE/PD/BT and finish off with LW.

I would definitely suggest giving the sustain a %4. As it is it won't cause much in the way of healing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cerabrete2

Member

10-10-2012

If you have the right runes you should also get:

+3 to all skills
+40% faster cast rate
Increase maximum mana 15%
All resistances +40


12