About Sejuani's passive..

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alacor

08-14-2012

I've never quite understood why it was as simple as it is. Only takes one hit to apply the full effect and is a flat 10% slow. Kind of boring in my opinion.

Making it a stacking passive with an added effect when reaching max stacks would be a lot more interesting and could possibly add interactions with her other abilities(such as more damage per stack of frost, etc).

My proposal is to make it so Sejuani's passive slows by say 5% per stack, maxing at 3 stacks(which would give a bit more of a slow in the end in exchange for more work getting those stacks outside of your ultimate). Remove the stun on Sejuani's ultimate and make it so Sejuani's passive stuns for 1 second when reaching max stacks. Sejuani's ultimate applies 3 stacks of frost to everyone hit(AKA still stuns). Her passive would have a small cooldown and would not remove stacks after causing a stun. The cooldown could be around 10 seconds.

If you want to make things even more interesting, make it so her passive is affected by CDR. Shurelia's just became even better for her. Wits End became good for stacking Frost. Sejuani gains hard CC outside of her ultimate. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Make Permafrost slow for a bit less to compensate for the passive stun. Perhaps a flat 40%? I agree she needs a defensive cooldown, so perhaps Permafrost could give armor/MR or a shield for every person affected by it. It would work well with her ult.

Permafrost, however, feels like it would be too loaded with the defensive component on it, despite the synergy with her ultimate. And it would also mean she wouldn't have a great defensive cooldown for skirmishes. So instead of buffing the slightly weak damage of W, I would say that adding armor/MR to it while it's active wouldn't be a bad idea. Or since Q is used for initiating, she gains armor/MR or a shield after using it for a duration. That way W's damage could get buffed a bit.

So there are my ideas for Sejuani. Overall I think it would make her feel a lot better(even though she's pretty **** fun to play already). It would preserve the feel of playing her while making her fairly viable.

Alacor

08-14-2012

Already off front page? =[

EvilTape

08-14-2012

Buff her already

Arcane Azmadi

08-14-2012

Sej's passive is the biggest problem with her. It's supposed to be the center of her kit, 2 of her skills apply it and the other 2 interact with it, so it's just a shame that it's RUBBISH.

Seriously, a 10% slow? You get more than that by buying Rylai's Crystal Scepter and running next to the enemy with Northern Winds on! Let's not even get into how Gangplank laughs at her (Parrrley and 1 autoattack and the enemy is slowed by almost 50% more than Sej can do, 1 more AA and the slow is more than DOUBLE Sej's, as well as taking damage over time).

Alacor

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Sej's passive is the biggest problem with her. It's supposed to be the center of her kit, 2 of her skills apply it and the other 2 interact with it, so it's just a shame that it's RUBBISH.

Seriously, a 10% slow? You get more than than by buying Rylai's Crystal Scepter and running next to the enemy with Northern Winds on!
I agree. I feel like there could have been a lot more interaction with it. What do you think of the proposed changes, though?

Alacor

08-14-2012

^

ViashinoWizard

08-14-2012

Sejuani has a passive? I've never noticed one.

Alacor

08-14-2012

wtb a red! Wasn't ricklessabandon looking into Sejuani?

Alacor

08-14-2012

Bump.

Alacor

08-14-2012

Lack of interest in Sejuani makes me sad =[

12345 ... 6