Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrokeNChoke

11-05-2012

I just got windows 8 (love it for the most part) but now am having lots of problems with LoL that I didn't have before. I always have to run the game as administrator (not a big deal but still irritating), sometimes my cursor will only live in 1 1/4 of the screen until I re log, OR (and this is the reason I am writing) I will be able to play games just fine but then all of a sudden when I go into champion select I will get an all black screen save for the border. I can't choose my champions, type to anyone, etc. but I can still see my friends list >_< Any help would be great. I'm getting dodges like crazy and I hate it!

Vicvictorw

11-06-2012

The only issue I get is that the client will sometimes minimize when moving the map and right clicking. I don't know if it's interacting with the corner-sensitive features of the operating system or somehow clicking through the program to interact with the desktop itself, but it is very annoying to have the client minimize mid-teamfight.

MrStigg

11-07-2012

I've been experiencing an odd bug since upgrading to Windows 8. Every once in a while, my minimap doesn't get displayed correctly. All minions (enemy and ally) show up as black squares, as well as a black square around the champion pictures.

This has happened twice now in probably around 25- 30 games. I don't know how to replicate this bug, though I should note that I have run the repair tool, and it still occurred (in the game r3dlog that I uploaded) I am also running League as administrator.

Hope this helps!

Heaven Requiem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2012

I currently am having an issue where I can't reach champion select in custom games and I receive a generic Error window as shown in the screenshot below.

I believe this began occuring after I had a BugSplat from the PBE client, in which the game closed, showed a BugSplat window, and closed before I could submit the report.

I attached the logs from (I believe) the BugSplat game.

Steps to reproduce:
Launch client and sign in.
Create or Join a Custom game.
Have owner of custom game click Start.
Error window shows up, and I remain in team select, other players go to champion select.
Once time finishes counting down, game goes back to team select.
I am no longer shown in the team rosters, but am still able to see and interact in chat, and other players can join in my place.

Ravors Malody

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

sticking with win 7, until I get a new pc in like 5 or so years as this one is practically new

Dragon Striker9

11-14-2012

I hate windows 8 only because Minecraft isn't compatible with it

IcePod

11-15-2012

im getting bug splats, whenever i try to start a game, im running the 64 bit version of the windows 8 pro edition, starting games, spectating games, and trying to play custom or bot games, my league of legends game crashes.

Aerothal

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radle View Post
Props to Riot for being that "wise"

I will go to win xp soon; i dont think win8 will be better than xp64 (besides direkt x but i never used more than 9.29 e)
troll

Reepo

11-16-2012

I have an issue where the LoL client keeps closing in champion select. I have not found it to be action specific, as it will happen no matter if i just entered or if i have done everything in champ select already.

Windows claims the air client has stopped working prompts me to close the window. I cannot ignore it, as the client is frozen.

Mrcreepysmiles

11-17-2012

Windows 8 when I install "LOL" I get CRC error. First time downloading I click Ignore and it pops up about 30 times every time I download. I just keep pressing Ignore finally after that it downloads only to let me pick my champion, when it switches screens to full screen it goes black then "BUG SPLAT". I reported them with my name. I don't recall the number of error...... I can't seem to get the game running right PLZ HELP!