Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarumiss

09-14-2012

Biggest issue with win 8, I've ran all 3 previews and the problem with it is clicking on the bottom left hand corner will either swap to the metro start page(dev and consumer preview) or bring up computer management tools(release preview). The shortcuts work in windowed borderless, fullscreen, and windowed(if you have it filling up the entire screen). This has got me killed often enough to be a problem

Bearform

09-15-2012

0 issues running LoL with Win 8. Actually had a significant fps boost on my i3 laptop. Windows 8 is pretty legit even though the new start menu is wack sauce. Other than that, my games ran alot smoother.

Poncher

09-15-2012

For the first few weeks testing Windows 8, i had no problem running LoL. Just recently i had the Adobe Air Debug error!

Liminality

09-20-2012

Detailed Description: I'm running the official release of Windows 8 Pro (64-bit). The League client crashes and/or fails to load after a game has ended, won or lost. I have to re-launch League of Legends after EVERY game.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start any game type of League.
  2. Proceed to win or lose said game.
  3. Click "Continue".
  4. Client fails to bring up stats screen, or any screen at all.
  5. No BugSplash is displayed or error. Nothing shows.
  6. Must restart League of Legends to bring back up.

DxDiag: Attached DxDiag file.

r3dlogs: Attached specific r3dlog file.

SpookiestGhostNA

09-22-2012

-In Champ selection Adobe stops working.
-After-game report hardly comes up anymore, league just closes out and I have to relog.
-Going to my summoner profile closes out league now
riot pls.

Wolen

Recruiter

09-22-2012

Alt tabbing at any point will crash the client.

Mkaa00x

09-23-2012

Summoner Startup screen in client NEVER finishes loading up when spectating, or even after you record a match and then wish to spectate

varinyc

09-25-2012

Any interaction that happens too fast crashes the game. I'm serious about any. Loading the client, updating and clicking play, clicking the store icon, adding bots, constantly crashes when connecting to chat, spells sometimes don't level when you click them the first time, switching from masteries to runes, talking while in Queue, post game crashes.

Unrelated but: pando media booster likes to load itself about 8 times and I can't end the process for some odd reason, sound does glitch and makes my speakers pop, any internet radio will slow down while playing LoL (literally the speed of the sound, not the browser or media player). It's not my hardware, and it only happens while playing LoL specifically.

I started out fine, but it happens all the time now. I've completely given up playing ranked because I wait about twice as much as I play due to crashes.

I can and will reproduce every single one of these. It's irritating and I'm about to rip my brain out.

LucidDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Got Windows 8 and noticed that my summoning speed is significantly slower. Usually I'm the first person to finish summoning, but ever since I upgraded to windows 8, I'm the last. Sometimes everyone else will have finished summoning before I even begun to start. A few times, games had started before I could finish summoning.

And every now and then when I select a champion, a message will pop up saying that that champion has already been selected. Also, sometimes in ranked, random champions will "looked" ban with the red circle over the portrait even though they're not. In all cases I've still been able to select the desired champion, but it's still somewhat misleading and confusing.

Lag spikes every now and then and sometimes fps, which is usually 30-40 will suddenly drop to less than 8 for a few seconds.

DeathGuardDan

09-27-2012

windows 8 evaluation build 8400 (I doubt its the newest) has significant problems with graphics integration for laptops. so once windows 8 launches drivers will get a solid update for now anyone running league on this build copy with regards to laptops cannot run league. After the launch I'm sure this will clear up.