Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrokenController

08-23-2012

running without installing it. had to install some dx9 files but no issues so far

Monstarach

08-27-2012

I have this problem where in many of my matches, after champion select, before in game, rather than get my loading screen, the whole screen goes black.
I can usually alt-tab to my desktop and just bring the tab up and everything is fine. But it is mildly annoying...

Space Racist

08-27-2012

Always get random Adobe Air Client crashes on PVP.net. 64-bit.

Zoltu

08-29-2012

It appears that my launcher crashes were being caused by LoLReplay. I have quit using LoLReplay and no longer experience the launcher crashes. I am uncertain whether this is a problem with LoL or LoLReplay, but perhaps it will help diagnosis.

Gaizen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

My launcher also experiences multiple adobe air launcher crashes. If it helps I will post a link to my dropbox containing a download for the .dmp file created by adobe air if it helps.

I also have LoLReplay up during these crashes in case if it has any relevance.

I'm currently running windows 8 professional.

This .dmp occured post-game which ends up crashing the client to the desktop:https://www.dropbox.com/s/binnwkgn9m...nt.exe.560.dmp

This .dmp occured when I first opened the game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/42rrvp1k7t...t.exe.2092.dmp

r3dlog that was created post-game is also attached to the post.

Cmdr QuickPickle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

I've been using Windows 8 Consumer Preview since it was released and ever since then, my LoL Client has never been able to update itself. I've re-installed and repaired it but nothing works. I've just always copy pasta the files from my desktop.

H0ax

09-07-2012

I've been having a lot of in-game freezing issues with the 64 bit version. Since I haven't experienced it in any other game I'm assuming it has to do with Adobe Air, and on Twisted Treeline particularly the game is subject to random freezing, forcing me to close the program and restart it.

Also, when streaming with Xsplit, there's a tendency for my PC to crash which hasn't happened in any other game as well. I've tested it with Minecraft and Left 4 Dead 2 and no issues occurred. It may be on my end though because my graphics card doesn't mesh well with Xsplit.

Pyramiid

09-12-2012

Detailed Description: I have a 2012 15" Macbook Pro. I am dual booting Windows 8 onto a 50 gb partition. Most of the time, things have worked great! However, I have noticed one issue. Recently, my game has been sporadically minimizing itself if I right click towards the bottom left corner of the screen. It is not something that happens every time, just every once in a while. I am able to quickly return to the game, and it has not caused me any major issues yet, but I don't want it to happen in the middle of a team fight. It has occurred several times today.

Reproduction Steps: Right click in bottom left of screen. Not sure of other conditions.

DxDiag: Attached.

r3dlogs: Attached a game that the issue occurred in.

Thank you for your help! Like I said, everything else has run very smoothly, and I am appreciative of that (:

xtpottx

09-13-2012

ONLY this one time has it crashed on me on todays patch the second ranked fix patch. couldnt rejoin game.

selected miss fortune and that was all.

theForth

09-13-2012

Only issues I've had are with the Air>8 compatibility. Windows 8 hates adobe air apparently