Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hepolite

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodoin View Post
Hey, everyone,

With the release of Windows 8 coming up in the near future, we would like to know what issues may occur for users with Windows 8. Some of you may have tried League of Legends while previewing Windows 8, and we would love to hear about any new issues you experienced.

In general, these issues may include graphical distortion, issues with sound, poor interaction with other applications, crashes, or performance issues. (Server-side bugs such as problems with spell damage, mob behavior, etc. are not applicable here)

If you’ve experienced any of these issues on Windows 8, please create a bug report with “[Windows 8]” in its title and let us know the following things:

Detailed Description: (What you are experiencing)
Reproduction Steps: (What you did to get there – specific instructions are awesome, but we know that isn’t always possible. If you don’t know how you did it, please just give us as much detail as you can remember)
DxDiag: Please attach a DxDiag to your post (done by going to your command line and inputting “DxDiag” and then clicking “Save All Information”.)
r3dlogs: Please attach the r3dlog from the game where you experienced the issue. You can find them in (Your League of Legends Directory)\Logs\Game – R3d Logs\

If you get a BugSplat from a crash on a computer running Windows 8, please include [Windows 8] in the text of the comment field and let us know the ID Number of the submitted report.

Thanks for your help!
Hate to be a negative Nancy, but why are you worried about new bugs when you rarely fix the old ones? There are bugs in the game since the game was first launched. There are so many champion skill bugs right now it's ridiculously unfair sometimes. And the "Attempting to reconnect" bug that freezes you makes the game unplayable sometimes. It is so random, and so annoying, I've decided to just give up and quit LoL until you fix something.

The freezes + skill shot bugs = bg

You guys don't even post feedback on the issues most of the time. Not going to explain that comment again, read the Bug Report thread - Attempting to Reconnect.

Good luck though.

Rizowski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodoin View Post
Hey, everyone,

With the release of Windows 8 coming up in the near future, we would like to know what issues may occur for users with Windows 8. Some of you may have tried League of Legends while previewing Windows 8, and we would love to hear about any new issues you experienced.

In general, these issues may include graphical distortion, issues with sound, poor interaction with other applications, crashes, or performance issues. (Server-side bugs such as problems with spell damage, mob behavior, etc. are not applicable here)

If you’ve experienced any of these issues on Windows 8, please create a bug report with “[Windows 8]” in its title and let us know the following things:

Detailed Description: (What you are experiencing)
Reproduction Steps: (What you did to get there – specific instructions are awesome, but we know that isn’t always possible. If you don’t know how you did it, please just give us as much detail as you can remember)
DxDiag: Please attach a DxDiag to your post (done by going to your command line and inputting “DxDiag” and then clicking “Save All Information”.)
r3dlogs: Please attach the r3dlog from the game where you experienced the issue. You can find them in (Your League of Legends Directory)\Logs\Game – R3d Logs\

If you get a BugSplat from a crash on a computer running Windows 8, please include [Windows 8] in the text of the comment field and let us know the ID Number of the submitted report.

Thanks for your help!
When playing in the game if you have background apps running and you put your cursor in the top or bottom left hand corner of the screen and click. This will bring you to the app. This will also minimize league, but then it will try to pop back up. It creates a really bad delay and it really sucks when you are trying to run away or attack people and you click in those regions. It doesn't create any bugsplats or any errors, it just tries to minimize the game.

Mkaa00x

08-16-2012

I have the Real Version and directx9 isnt working :|

Edit: I updated Yesterday and copied data from Windows.old

x2 Edit: It's the Enterprise Edition

OMG 3rd Edit! :P : is there any way that lol can support dx version 9c+? Because it seems that we can use downgradeing on this DX version, but it didnt work because drivers weren't named correctly So Imma try and reinstall using lol.exe 97%

4th and Final Edit: Fix was use the Lol Installer (freash install and LoL will work with dx 11c or whateve higer version you hvae, working smooth Ill post here if any other errors occur

Hepolite

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkaa00x View Post
I have the Real Version and directx9 isnt working :|

Edit: I updated Yesterday and copied data from Windows.old

x2 Edit: It's the Enterprise Edition

OMG 3rd Edit! :P : is there any way that lol can support dx version 9c+? Because it seems that we can use downgradeing on this DX version, but it didnt work because drivers weren't named correctly So Imma try and reinstall using lol.exe 97%

4th and Final Edit: Fix was use the Lol Installer (freash install and LoL will work with dx 11c or whateve higer version you hvae, working smooth Ill post here if any other errors occur
If you have the real version, then why are you using an outdated DirectX?

Zoltu

08-17-2012

I have no problems with the game client but many crashes with the Air launcher.

Sometimes the launcher crashes on startup. I do not receive any detailed error message, just that it has crashed (I'll try to get exact error message next time it happens).

Sometimes I crash at champion select, this seems to be related to how quickly I select a champion. If I select a champion as soon as champion select appears I will sometimes crash. Again, no useful error message, just the default Windows 8 crash dialog (looking for solutions).

Very often at some point during a game the launcher will crash silently in the background. This results in not having receiving end of game stats and having to login to the launcher again if I want to play another game. Also, when this occurs and I launch LoL again I receive a message that PVP.net is already running and whether I want to terminate or not. However, the task bar does *not* have the launcher running and my task manager indicates that I do have some PVP.net processes running but none of them have an active window.

Unfortunately I have yet been unable to fully reproduce any of these issues reliably. The most common one is the launcher crashing sometime during a game so I get no stats and have to relog. Crash at champion select appears to happen when I select a champion too quickly so I tend to avoid doing that in order to avoid deserter, but sometimes I forget and will select immediately and not receive a crash (and sometimes I do).

Zoltu

08-18-2012

The crash that results in the launcher disappearing seems to be caused by the client crashing when you click "Continue" after finishing a game (sometimes).

"An unhandled win32 exception occurred in LolClient.exe [2716]."

When I drop into Visual Studio to get further information I get:
"Unhandled exception at 0x68C9189B (Air.dll) in LolClient.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x1F51E048."

Call stack (likely inaccurate):
Air.dll!68c9189b() Unknown
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for Air.dll]
Air.dll!68c93dbb() Unknown
0b420010() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61b27259() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61b2731b() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61a966e9() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61a98ab7() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!6192d410() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61930599() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61a54aec() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61b0a5a6() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61b0a643() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61b02bd2() Unknown
user32.dll!772b7704() Unknown
user32.dll!772b842b() Unknown
user32.dll!772b83ea() Unknown
user32.dll!772b81ed() Unknown
user32.dll!772b82da() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!619764c5() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!618cb538() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!62069173() Unknown
KernelBase.dll!773ec50e() Unknown
KernelBase.dll!773fed4e() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!6206932a() Unknown
LolClient.exe!013a19c6() Unknown
LolClient.exe!013a19ef() Unknown
LolClient.exe!013a1b1a() Unknown
kernel32.dll!770283db() Unknown
ntdll.dll!779c9a3f() Unknown
ntdll.dll!779c9a12() Unknown

This crash is followed by:
"Adobe AIR Debug Launcher has stopped working"

At this point the launcher window disappears yet leaves behind PVP.net Patcher (32 bit) and PVP.net Patcher Kernel (32 bit).

Attempting to start the launcher again results in:
Another instance of the launcher is running. Do you want to terminate it?

Zoltu

08-19-2012

The game also appears to crash (not sure if it's reliable or not) when you are holding tab (for the scoreboard) when the Continue victory button appears. That is, end the game (win in this case) and then press and hold tab to show the scoreboard and do not release it. The game will lockup instead of showing the continue button.

I have not tested to see if this is 100% reproducible yet.

Zoltu

08-19-2012

Crash before getting to Champion Select (after accepting game).

"An unhandled win32 exception occurred in LolClient.exe [3880]."

Visual Studio:
"Unhandled exception at 0x6B21189B (Air.dll) in LolClient.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x1F56C051."

Call Stack (again, likely inaccurate without symbols):
Air.dll!6b21189b() Unknown
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for Air.dll]
Air.dll!6b213dbb() Unknown
06d50010() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61f07259() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61f0731b() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61e766e9() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61e78ab7() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61d0d410() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61d10599() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61e34aec() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61eea5a6() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61eea643() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61ee2bd2() Unknown
user32.dll!75007704() Unknown
user32.dll!7500842b() Unknown
user32.dll!750083ea() Unknown
user32.dll!750081ed() Unknown
user32.dll!750082da() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61d564c5() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61cab538() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!62449173() Unknown
KernelBase.dll!7549c50e() Unknown
KernelBase.dll!754aed4e() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!6244932a() Unknown
LolClient.exe!00a719c6() Unknown
LolClient.exe!00a719ef() Unknown
LolClient.exe!00a71b1a() Unknown
kernel32.dll!74d683db() Unknown
ntdll.dll!77369a3f() Unknown
ntdll.dll!77369a12() Unknown

I would really like these crashes fixed so if there is anything I can do/provide to help expedite that please let me know.

EternalXero

08-20-2012

I use Windows 8 exclusively. No complaints!! Windows 7and LoL kept crashing out on my new gamer rig, so I went to Windows 8 as it did well with my laptop and I am not going back!!

Zoltu

08-20-2012

During champion select, ranked, I had already picked, just waiting for last pick on other team:

"Unhandled exception at 0x7736F507 (ntdll.dll) in LolClient.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x1F29C01C."

Useless stack trace:
ntdll.dll!7736f507() Unknown
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ntdll.dll]
ntdll.dll!7734ef9c() Unknown
mswsock.dll!741ac966() Unknown
schannel.dll!6b0e1d58() Unknown
sspicli.dll!749e2c24() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!6202c329() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!620bb5cc() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61f4c4c8() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61f4c509() Unknown
Adobe AIR.dll!61ec6801() Unknown