Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arminas AnĂ¡rion

11-18-2012

I have only had one error with Windows 8. Whenever I started the client, it would crash. It work when I run as Admin though

RaidSlayer

11-20-2012

Windows 8 Pro x64
League of Legends 1.71.12_11_13_11_00

Since the last update my PvP.net client has crashed several times while I navigate profiles mainly, runes, masteries, it happens when I click on a Tab inside the profile section, I get an Adobe AIR Debugger Crash. This never happened before the last patch.

I did not attached a r3dlog since this doesn't happen inside the game, just in the client.

JJJJJxCHOWWWWW

11-20-2012

Hi,

Ever since I got Win 8, i've been getting lag spikes about every second where I would hit about 700ping every other second making my character teleport around the map. I'm using wireless.

Grognak The Barb

11-21-2012

Whenever I press escape when the chat bar is open, my game freezes and hangs for ~15 seconds, but I am able to regain control after CTRL + ALT + DELETEing to the task manager after a set amount of time.

Also, my game freezes when a nexus explodes.

And no, my computer isn't subpar.

Windows 8, 2.7 hex core, 4gb ram, gtx 550 ti card

bountygiver

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grognak The Barb View Post
Whenever I press escape when the chat bar is open, my game freezes and hangs for ~15 seconds, but I am able to regain control after CTRL + ALT + DELETEing to the task manager after a set amount of time.

Also, my game freezes when a nexus explodes.

And no, my computer isn't subpar.

Windows 8, 2.7 hex core, 4gb ram, gtx 550 ti card
I actually had this problem with 4 out of 4 different computers, 3 windows 7 and 1 windows 8.
3 of them are fresh install and 1 of them I copy paste files from the other computer.

Seems like it's a LoL client problem and is not OS/hardware/driver related.

bountygiver

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcreepysmiles View Post
Windows 8 when I install "LOL" I get CRC error. First time downloading I click Ignore and it pops up about 30 times every time I download. I just keep pressing Ignore finally after that it downloads only to let me pick my champion, when it switches screens to full screen it goes black then "BUG SPLAT". I reported them with my name. I don't recall the number of error...... I can't seem to get the game running right PLZ HELP!
You cannot ignore CRC errors, ignoring them will cause you to have invalid game datas and it'll obviously cause a lot of problems. Now do a scan disk to make sure you don't have bad sectors on your drive and run LOL as administrator and click repair in the option, use a wired connection for stable internet.

Slippery52

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

I have tried running as administrator, and running in compatibility mode but when I try to start the LoL installer on windows 8 the application won't even load and eventually throw an error about pando's sight possibly being blocked which isn't true. I have had this problem with carnivores 2 as well. 64 bit version of game would be much appreciated riot!

Just started trying things and I found out that if I copy the league of legends folder from a working computer to my windows 8 computer the game works great!

Herruhai

11-26-2012

I purchased a new laptop that was loaded with windows 8... So far, really nothing is wrong that I see. I get over 150 fps, never lag, everything works well. Windowed mode can be annoying because of the side bars that pop up, but I really only use Full Screen, and there is no problems. It uses the same platform as Windows 7, so the fault would be Windows 8 glitches on certain computers, nothing wrong with League of Legends.

RaidSlayer

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidSlayer View Post
Windows 8 Pro x64
League of Legends 1.71.12_11_13_11_00

Since the last update my PvP.net client has crashed several times while I navigate profiles mainly, runes, masteries, it happens when I click on a Tab inside the profile section, I get an Adobe AIR Debugger Crash. This never happened before the last patch.

I did not attached a r3dlog since this doesn't happen inside the game, just in the client.
Well I am back to reply on my own post, about this issue and how I "fixed" it.

I was having the issue mentioned above my client crashing for some adobe air debugger crash, I tried everything I could, I installed adobe air from the adobe website which made no difference since LOL uses adobe air files already preinstalled on the LOL install folder, I still had the same problem with my client crashing.

As a final attempt I checked the version of adobe air on LOL and on the new release by Adobe, LOL uses version 3.1 and Adobe has version 3.5, I replaced the old Adobe files ( most are .dll files ), with the new ones, and that did it, no more crashing.

Rob the Reaper

11-27-2012

Windows 8 is crashing VERY frequently during champ select. I am using the RTM version. I've looked at in Visual Studio, and the crash is at the same line of code. It looks like a bad parameter to a function. The code that is crashing is in air.dll, at 6afd10bb:

6AFD108F int 3
6AFD1090 push ebp
6AFD1091 mov ebp,esp
6AFD1093 sub esp,8
6AFD1096 xor al,al
6AFD1098 mov byte ptr [ebp-1],al
6AFD109B test edi,edi
6AFD109D je 6AFD10D4
6AFD109F push esi
6AFD10A0 mov esi,dword ptr ds:[6AFED028h]
6AFD10A6 lea eax,[ebp-8]
6AFD10A9 push eax
6AFD10AA push 40h
6AFD10AC push 1
6AFD10AE lea ecx,[ebp-1]
6AFD10B1 push ecx
6AFD10B2 mov dword ptr [ebp-8],40h
6AFD10B9 call esi
6AFD10BB mov dl,byte ptr [edi]
6AFD10BD mov ecx,dword ptr [ebp-8]
6AFD10C0 lea eax,[ebp-8]
6AFD10C3 push eax
6AFD10C4 push ecx
6AFD10C5 mov byte ptr [ebp-1],dl
6AFD10C8 push 1
6AFD10CA lea edx,[ebp-1]
6AFD10CD push edx
6AFD10CE call esi
6AFD10D0 mov al,byte ptr [ebp-1]
6AFD10D3 pop esi
6AFD10D4 mov esp,ebp
6AFD10D6 pop ebp
6AFD10D7 ret

The call stack is:

> Air.dll!6afd10bb()
[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for Air.dll]
Air.dll!6afd436b()
Adobe AIR.dll!6a12eb12()
Adobe AIR.dll!6a12f893()
Adobe AIR.dll!69d80506()
Adobe AIR.dll!69ea4aec()
Adobe AIR.dll!69db13d5()
Adobe AIR.dll!6a4b9173()
KernelBase.dll!76c4db02()
KernelBase.dll!76c53491()
Adobe AIR.dll!6a4b932a()
LolClient.exe!002519c6()
LolClient.exe!002519ef()
LolClient.exe!00251b1a()
kernel32.dll!76688543()
ntdll.dll!7708ac69()
ntdll.dll!7708ac3c()

This happens a lot. If there are symbol/pdb files for the air.dll, let me know how I can get them and I can probably help you quickly get to the bottom of this.

Rob