About the New Kat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fevercry

08-15-2012

I'm sorry but bouncing blade harass was too strong? jesus better nerf every AP mid because all of their harass is twice as strong - if I get hit with one Ahri Q, which can be cast from FAR out of my range, I lose twice as much health as my Q does to her.

get hit by a Morg Q-W? whelp gotta recall! not to mention all the other champs can literally auto you for more damage than your Q does until level 3

Balfire

08-15-2012

I really hope they fix this. Her new playstyle is completely trash. They ruined one of my favorite champs without fixing anything they set out to fix. They wanted her to be more viable but she si still shut down by one CC and doesn't even have the burst to perform her old role anymore. If she can even make it to late game with her complete **** trading and harrass power in lane then she can barely do as much as old Kat was doing all the while having less fun doing it.

Illyriomysterio

08-15-2012

ITT: Drama queens who either haven't played new kat at all and complain about her, and people that played her a few games and decided because they didn't get her off the bat that she's weaker.

I'll just say this: there's a reason that only a few select people were able to play Kat on an even vaguely-competitive scale. She was either snowball-or-fail previously, and now she actually has some reliability.

P.S: GD =/= majority of players, much less Kat players. Quit acting like you are the only ones who play her.

ChromeFalcon

08-15-2012

She's better now.

LtEarthworm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fevercry View Post
I'm sorry but bouncing blade harass was too strong? jesus better nerf every AP mid because all of their harass is twice as strong - if I get hit with one Ahri Q, which can be cast from FAR out of my range, I lose twice as much health as my Q does to her.

get hit by a Morg Q-W? whelp gotta recall! not to mention all the other champs can literally auto you for more damage than your Q does until level 3
It's not that the damage was too much, it was that it was free damage. Are they staying back when a new minion wave comes along? W-Q free damage. Rinse and repeat until you can shunpo -> ignite -> ult and kill them because you're at full health. How many other champions can get almost guaranteed free harass like that without also putting them in danger?

IS118e10d36a9efc37588c8

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeFalcon View Post
She's better now.
no.

RedHotChiliPasta

08-15-2012

changes are terrible, 40 dmg shunpo? rly? remove that ****ty dmg reduction component and bring back old shunpo. also bring back old bouncing blades, the mark component is ****ty, just remove it. remade ultimate is also terrible, who cares about the channeling time reduction while you dont have the dmg to burst anyone (dont forget the dmg missing from the removal of killers instinct), katarina now lacks damage to be any threat in lane. her killing potential is gone with the wind. also the W is also terrible, who cares about the 4 sec cooldown while you wont be able to use it again while doing the qew combo harassment. double the cooldown and increase its dmg/ratios

make a big base dmg/ratio buff to all skills or just bring back the old kat. new one is really terrible. its pathetic that ryze can now just take all the skills in the face and still outdamage you

also to all who say to max w first, still sucks, whats the theory now?

GranMasterDouche

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
"shes already been double tapped to the dome sorry guise kata gone byby" ~Riot
Was this in the patch notes?

Glow Flies

11-11-2012

bump