Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Double golems?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

08-15-2012

My main jungler is Evelynn, so my views may be biased.

I typically decide blue or red buff depending on enemy jungler.

If I start blue I go wolves->blue->Wraiths->Red->Gank -> Golems->Wraiths ->Gank->Wolves->B -> Now I look at the lane, if I need to go top or bottom I clear a path on my way. If all lanes are winning(HAHA yeah right), I'll go Golems->Wraiths->Wolves

If I start red I will go Wraiths->Red->Gank->Wraiths or golems(whichever is closer)->Wolves->Blue ->Gank -> B -> Kill on my way to gank.

Now if I have a weak jungler (Amumu, and most nontypical junglers. Not saying Amumu isn't a typical, he's just easily counter jungled.) I will start Wolves->Blue->Enemy Golems-> Wait at their red for them to arrive, if they go for golems get out. They will be expecting you at red. Always leave a dink golem.

ALWAYS use a leash, red or blue. That hp is valuable(Especially on Eve), if you don't take a leash you're just hurting yourself. I always call for guard and a leash, despite which area I go. Those guarding will provide extra damage just because they are there. The more HP you have, the better your ganks will be.

advancedAI

08-15-2012

I always do them as Maokai.

If I feel like they're gonna beat me up for some reason I'll stack 1 sapling next to the golems just out of their site. Wait for my cooldown and toss a second sap directly on top of them. The two saps will instant kill the small golem. Then just clean up the big one.

If I have enough health I'll just start smacking them around without stacking saplings and waiting for cooldowns.

BTWFDRhadpolio

08-15-2012

smite the big one.

Treza

08-15-2012

double golems are extremely important theyre the most exp you get from your jungle. they have low respawn so you can get golems like 4 times in the span of a red/blue

often times when i press tab i see my jungler is falling behind in level, check minimap and golems are up. so many people forget about them or neglect them.. the golems are key!

Masa Wang

08-15-2012

Most of the good junglers don't take golems during first clear, they just do wolves again after wraiths.

Bus Driver

08-15-2012

stoner brothers are op never approach them unless your name is master yi and have clothes and some red sodas

Aboithagameboi

08-15-2012

If I'm doing Udyr, I'll go Blue > Wolves > Wraiths > Red > Golems, since I should have enough health even if I go boots 3

If I'm doing Lee Sin, I'll go Red > Wraits > Wolves > Golems > Wraiths > Wolves > Blue

Goozik

08-15-2012

You are correct in that they deal a lot of dmg and take a long time, making them a bad option for most junglers. I personally skip them 90% of the time and follow this path:
Wolfs-Blue-Wraiths-Wolfs-Red then Gank.
After that I usually gank a different lane, but sometimes it's not a decent option. In which case I usually go back to the wraiths, then golems with smite for the big one and back.

Technician Tim

08-15-2012

i take em, with nnunu or diana the heal/shield (respectively) make up for their high damage, and i usually get them right before my recall

DonnFirinne

08-15-2012

My main jungler is Nautilus. After that it's Alistar when he's not banned and Olaf otherwise (a couple others on occasion) so judge my response on that. Also, I invade a lot, cause lots of people aren't ready for it if I get my team to do it right, and first blood is always nice.

I always to golems. I'm almost never so low that I can't do them (wolves>blue>wraiths>red>golems>back). If you're that low, you might be doing something wrong. I can almost guarantee it's not my runes or anything. I'm poor so I have one generic rune page for everything.

Often I either gank or keep farming wraiths/wolves after golems, cause more farm is better.