Why is Morgana always banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreyni

08-14-2012

I mean, she has no burst, and isn't that what you want in an AP carry? She's a pusher, but so are Twisted Fate and Sivir, and they're not banned nearly so often.

Her passive is pretty good, but y'know, there are better ones on AP mids. (Lux's and Veigar's to name a few, additional damage for Lux, excellent mp5 for Veigar).

Her Q is good, I guess, if you can land it. It has one of the slowest projectile speeds ingame and is interrupted by ONE minion. Good players will never let you land a snare. Also equal, if not outclassed by Lux, Ryze, and Zyra's snares.

The best you're going to get out of your W is 3 ticks, because who purposely stands in it? Its damage isn't the best, but I guess it's a pretty good skill.

Her E is a free Olaf ult on a teammate. Cool, but an AP carry could take down its health in an instant. I'm probably just nitpicking for cons here, it's a good shield.

Her ultimate changes teamfights. Yay. But any AoE disable ultimate does this, like Amumu or Galio's ultimate. Why not ban Amumu or Galio?

So yeah, why is Morgana banned so often? I really see no reason for it. She's a decent AP mid that can push and excels in team fights, but I see no reason to be so scared.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

1. She has a burst (Q-> R-> W)
2. Sivir is not AP. Twisted Fate is almost perma-banned.
3. Her passive gives her amazing sustain in lane.
4. Her snare is one of the longest snares in game in comparison. It also deals TONS OF DAMAGE if it does land. Morg's stun is actually easy to land.
5. Her W provides a fantastic wave clearing ability and also deals a lot of damage (and reduces MR). It works relatively well in a teamfight.
6. E is broken. It prevents all forms of CC on ANYONE.
7. Because Mumu and Galio both perform different tasks. Morg is a lot safer and is not a jungler like mumu. She is not as mana reliant as Galio and is not a tank. She has a snare, which Galio doesn't and is more support oriented. Her ult forces enemies to scatter and run (which makes them not deal damage in the process) or stuns them for a duration. It also deals TONS OF DAMAGE.

Honestly, if you are this nit picking at Morgana, you can be nit picky on Lux by saying you can dodge her ult, or her snare is too easy to dodge. She's a fantastic AP mid.

Kamirga

08-14-2012

Morgana isn't a "burst" mage like Veigar or LeBlanc but she deals a lot of damage, and for many AP mids is nearly impossible to push out of a lane. She is an awesome farmer and can total screw up an entire team's plan. She also can initiate with that long range snare.

I Love Slurpees

08-14-2012

Her ult can destroy your whole team, and then stun you. If she gets someone like Galio, Nunu, or Amumu jungling you can almost guarantee you will lose team fights. Her shield will save the adc from all cc which means you're ****ed. If you lose to her early game, which you will (unless you're talon), you can almost guarantee a W for the other team.

TeknoWizard

08-14-2012

She's difficult for many mids to deal with. It's not really that she's the best at anything, but that she's annoying to lane against.

Vizzlepeez

08-14-2012

The funny thing is u named a bunch of other champs who each can do one thing morgana can do. The reason morgana is banned is cuz she can do all the things u mentioned. Her kit is insane and if u can land a Q you can get the full use of her pool. I just think all the points u made prove why shes banned.

KnightxSScarlett

08-14-2012

I never ban Morgana. If someone picks Morgana I just play Galio and laugh at how much damage she does.

MoreMedz

08-14-2012

Keep in mind that champions are often banned not just because they are OP or even strong, but because they might undermine your team strategy in some ways. It comes down to prediction and counter-picking.

Morgana's E is the deal breaker, as it forces the other team to plan for ways to deal it. Immunity to CC for a few seconds is a huge thing, especially in team fights. Banning Morgana makes sense where you don't want to deal with that complication.

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Because no matter how underfed she is, she's still useful.