Help getting out of sub 1200 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damicor6

08-14-2012

Hello, So I have an honest question about solo queue ranked and lifting yourself out of sub 1200 elo.

I have tried many strategies, every role, doing whatever the team asks, leading the team, carrying the team, pro support. Nothing seems to work and here is why.

For example last maybe 20 matches I've done a good job as whatever role i was given on my teams, fill in roles people don't want to play refuse to whatever. Just playing as a team guy.

No matter what role I, one or two of the others just totally fails, feeds, trolls, quits, afks, or whatever. I have read all the threads, bla bla, u can carry alone. No you really cant.

You can go 20 and 0 but if your team refuses to play together or does any of the above stated things you will lose, why, because it is a team game. I understand its something that happens in this particular type of game and it is something you have to deal with every now and then. The fact that this is a problem in every single one of my games is just outrageous. Riot needs to stop banning people for calling others names, or "harassing" someone verbally and seriously put all their manpower towards fixing this unreal amount of people just not playing the game as intended. There are many different ways to fix this, anything is better than the system the way it is. In solo queue it is quite frankly not possible to pull yourself out if u fall down here unless u have insane luck. You cannot control these other players, most of the time they take advice or tips as criticism and then rage and refuse to do anything at all.

I understand it would be much easier to duo queue out of it, also before some idiotic response of "working as intended" or "you clearly belong here" is thrown out i challenge you to get sub 1200, and try to solo queue your way out. It is possible but being left to 100% luck is stupid. Losing elo because of this endless nonsense not only makes people angry, it encourages people to play the same way people are playing to them, ie troll and cause people to lose and feed out of spite. No one can maintain a positive attitude in any game where these situations happen in literally every single game.

Riot will not get a single cent out of me until they actually make a real effort to clean up this garbage of a community sub 1200 and do something to actually bring accountability and real punishment to the abusers and actually provide a meaningful way to play your way out of this "elo hell". The system in its current state is a joke.

Haivo128

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damicor6 View Post
I understand it would be much easier to duo queue out of it, also before some idiotic response of "working as intended" or "you clearly belong here" is thrown out i challenge you to get sub 1200, and try to solo queue your way out.
I played 4 accounts 1k rating to 1400s, if you truly believe you don't belong at that rating you would be out of it. Add me if you want to play some ranked games for I can see what the problem is though... acc name: PhoKingHai.I'm not pro at all just a decent lol player around 1600s, though I think I can push for 1800s.

There's always going to be troll/bad games, especially in "ELO Hell". But I could play 20 games down there and win at least 15 guaranteed.

acosn

08-14-2012

ELO is designed to keep you playing, but not actually make you get any better.

That part's on you, and honestly I can say that well over half of all games lost in the 1000-1200 ELO corridor come down to attitude. Riot gives you a metric **** ton of lee-way to win games over, and people still lose their **** over things like being down six kills. *****, I've won games where we didn't even have half the enemy team's kill rate.

A more general list....

1: The game isn't lost in 20 minutes. Some games might not even be decided for over forty. Get off the ledge, you just look silly. Some team comps really do just work better early or late game, and doing things like forcing early game team fights can work right into their hands.

2: You don't need to ask permission to buy wards, and potentially only mid lane can get away with flat out not buying them. No one's asking you to spent 500 gold on it, but you are going to have 75 gold laying around at one point or another. Your support already has enough going on, and you only make yourself look like an arse when you're *****ing about wards when the enemy team clearly has a team effort to counter ward going on.

3: Communicate. You're level 30. You know what works and what doesn't. Most catastrophic events in games result from bad communication.

4: Stop *****ing. If you can't phrase advice in a non-aggressive way, don't give it. Solo queue's are delicate flowers. *****ing about something that already happened solves nothing, and really can only serve to make things worse. People work and play worse when they're agitated. This is something we've known for centuries.

5: There's literally no bad characters. There's hard ones, and there's easy ones.

6: If more than 3 people are alive on the enemy team and you're not curb stomping them, its typically better to simply not do baron. Because there's no standard protocol on how to handle baron when the other team shows up, or at least nothing that's widely accepted, its better you not try. It's almost always easier to engage a team engaging baron, than to engage him yourself.

7: At least 4 distinct rune pages. No, really. More is better, especially if you have a sweet spot for fussy characters like Ryze.

8: Be able to play at least two dynamically different characters in each general role. Generally speaking being able to play one aggressive and one passive character in each lane is adviseable. Something like Soraka and Alistar, Caitlynn and Ashe, Morganna and Ryze, Nasus and Riven, and Shyvanna and Lee Sin.

9: Have a rain maker. One character who you know the in's and outs and can say in champion select, "I can counter pick that clown and dominate the game."

10: Don't counter pick yourself. Don't force your teammates to blind pick without expecting to also need to help them.

Gergosh

08-14-2012

I realize its not what you want to hear but you belong there. Your elo will rise if your playing above your elo. I can say playing support is the hardest role to have that carrying effect on your team.

KimchiPanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Try playing mostly ap mid (hard to get) or jungling (a lot easier). These two roles affect all of the other lanes and can help out tremendously. Top lane failing? Consistently gank to keep some space in bewteen. Bot lane is the same, but mid lane is hardest to gank. If playing ap mid then push up your lane a little then do the same

Random House

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haivo128 View Post
I played 4 accounts 1k rating to 1400s, if you truly believe you don't belong at that rating you would be out of it. Add me if you want to play some ranked games for I can see what the problem is though... acc name: PhoKingHai.I'm not pro at all just a decent lol player around 1600s, though I think I can push for 1800s.

There's always going to be troll/bad games, especially in "ELO Hell". But I could play 20 games down there and win at least 15 guaranteed.
phokinghai i think i played a rank with you

1Y 2M 20D

11-16-2012

Impossible

Fluffyknowsyou

11-29-2012

Why isn't this stickied. Instead of a stupid ****ing mermaid, why not fix your ****ing tribunal first.

Damicor7

12-17-2013

So here is an update on the situation. Made it back to gold promo, lost and kept loosing, something around 45 out of 50 games at one point. Now I am sitting and silver 5 with 0 points. Im getting queued with bronze 4 players. I have never been so trolled in my life. Here is a quick recap of my last few games...

Lost a game playing Ez, was 8 and 3. 2 people rage quit for getting killed.
Lost a game playing Ez again, was 10 and 3, team fed 64 deaths in 44 mins...
Lost a game playing Nasus, was 16 and 7. 3 people rage quit for dying and arguing amongst themselves.

You cant carry teams that quit or feed on that level. Reporting doesnt fix the problem that I am being pushed into worse and worse brackets. This literally blows my mind how a game can foster this behavior and just permit it to continue, meanwhile pushing good players who try to play the game and win further and further down only serving to anger them more and more, eventually turning them into the very players they are so sick and tired of being matched with.

Zerglinglol

12-17-2013

Hey man. Your stats are actually pretty good for someone that's been dumped down to silver V :/ Are you being negative in your games or trolling people? Your stats really are damn good so you shouldn't be in silver V unless you let it happen intentionally. Add this account and we can talk some in-game. I have a smurf in silver 3 that I'd play with you on if you're interested.

*Oh wow I didn't read it as losing 45 of 50 games. You must be putting out a seriously negative attitude. I've had bad luck streaks with teams but not THAT bad...and tbh a lot of my losing streaks are influenced by me raging :/