Mid August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XSparkleFistX

08-15-2012

Can you guys buff Summoner's Rift Turrets? Maybe a little more range. Or have them increase at level intervals of 6-11-16? I heard they were stronger in the past. It'd be cool to at least have the increased range.

Edit: While it wasn't the most exciting patch, you still brought some fixes and updates that are appreciated. Thanks Riot.

ScottyRawr

08-15-2012

I'm just wondering, but why was Lux's Ulti name changed again...?

T3kniqu3

08-15-2012

This patch is taking me hours to downloadddddddddddd

Subzer094

08-15-2012

I like the little buff to pantheon but i stll think his jump should stack with AD not AP.
late game pantheon is next to useless.

Sony10

08-15-2012

why Riot? why did you do this to Zyra? she´s not useless but now it feels more like a challenge to play with (like eve) and the only thing good that still remains is "the fun" to play with her...

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardii7 View Post
Zyra nerfs are hugely excessive.

This just feeds into the fact that Riot releases cool champs and then nerfs them a couple weeks later after selling them.
And then balances them a couple weeks after that.

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANE of H3RO View Post
To Riot:
I love seeing what you guys do and the way you make the game better. This patch makes me want to say gj to guys, except for 1 thing: Garen's slow remove.

In my opinion, it made more sense to keep it on judgement (shake it off) rather than switch it to desicive strike (charge in/out)
Ex: Garen (me) vs. Nasus (him) both with level 1 boots - while he is farming minions in front of me, I choose to close the gap with desicive strike, but he uses wither on me when he sees this.
Before, I could spin to win to shake the slow and get close and, if he doesnt get under his turret, silence him when judgement is over.
Now, I have to give up because I used my slow remove to try and close the gap.
This reason specifically is not only laning, but late game aswell when many slows are coming in because when i see a garen charge at me with desicive strike, i think slow or stun him to get away, especially when I'm low on health.

Overall, this patch was awesome, but although garen got a buff, this slow remove change crippled his gameplay tactics aswell. My advice, change it back to judgement, and if not, atleast tell me why you won't, whether for the reason stated or something else, and I would like a reason for this besides "it makes sense for what it does already" (54 sec), because this 1 change is more critical than it seems.
I think your example is completely the point. Also, try chasing Ashe as garen with your initiator, not much right, then try doing it without being slowed. It's all Risk/reward. If you go in on Nasus, then he can react, if he goes in on you, then you can react.

Orion69

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Kantilope View Post
nasus has a bad early game and garen counters nasus's only cc hard. i'd really hope u destroy him.

while i like that minions no longer break his passive ( the most annoying thing in LoL for me )
and that his Q can crit
the rest of his buffs are very "eh"
and the slow removal being moved to his Q is inhibiting. if they actually wanted to help him they'd put it on his W. plus it's make more sense as he often shouts "CHARGE!" when he uses it.

but his judgement was nerfed in a way that nullifies any of the slight buffs he recieved.
they said they wanted him to scale better into the late game and to be able to use his E for damage. it now scales worse into the late game... and the nerf to his psuedo-ghostwalk is rather pointless. it makes an already immobile champ that relies on melee range even more immobile.

oddly enough tank-garen received a full buff across the board (except fr where they moved his slow-cleanse). but tank-garen is just so innately bad, utterly **** initiation, and one single target CC... sounds like a solid tank to me =/
Don't hate on tank garen. That was pretty much the only viable way to play him back in the day.

Orion69

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickpickle View Post
i think the health reduce of 900 on the turrets seems a little much, it will be way to easy to take peoples towers in a single death now, so for those who die then lose the tower in that one death now are likely to have that happen alot more
and garens passive now works thro minion damage?? that seems a lil unnecessary if you ask me
but other than that looks good!!
AFAIK the towers are only that way in Proving Grounds.

Calumfornia

Recruiter

08-15-2012

"Gangplank
Remove Scurvy
Fixed: Remove Scurvy now removes Blinds"

Gangplank + Lee Sin lane is the new meta.