Mid August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thormek

08-15-2012

really?

my favorite champ is garen and i wait for the changes because i think improve garen gameplay but i dont see changes .
i see my underplayed champion is getting nerfed

KillerGymSox

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormek View Post
really?

my favorite champ is garen and i wait for the changes because i think improve garen gameplay but i dont see changes .
i see my underplayed champion is getting nerfed
what are you talking about? he only got nerfed for SOME of his early game stats because they buffed his late game. Have you even played him since the patch? I just played a game vs. Nasus at solo top and completely destroyed him every single time.

Exotiationlegend

08-15-2012

Any news on a Renekton buff/rework? <.<

BuddhazBounty

08-15-2012

Great patch, and it's nice to see an outdated champion like kat getting some love, she desperately needed it. Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to touch up some of those sad, sad kits from back in the day. Have to say I'm still confused about the .01 ap ratio buff on Varus.... I don't think many people could get away with playing ap Varus without being reported/banned, or even win a game that wasn't carried from start to finish.

Linsanityv1

08-15-2012

Yay katarina sucks now d:

EarthruneSkarner

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluees Clues View Post
omfg once again riot never listens to any of our feedback

why the **** do we even bother providing feedback when the ****ing pbe is set in stone all the god **** time
AFAIK, I was the only one to point out that Rengar's bonetooth necklace was more problematic design wise than Rengar himself. In short, it gave too much AD for the gold and it took too many kills to hit the top bonuses. In the next patch, the AD was reduced from 20 to 10, the trophies required to hit each tier were reduced, and the cost was reduced to 800g. That was exactly what I wanted, and I'd like to think I had an influence there.

Gspec

08-15-2012

when are we going to get new maps other than summoners rift? would really be nice.

BuddhazBounty

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gspec View Post
when are we going to get new maps other than summoners rift? would really be nice.
not for 2 years minimum

Sicarius10

08-15-2012

While I appreciate the Garen buffs for late game damage, I really think that his slow break needs to go back onto Judgment. Sure, it's nice to be running at an enemy and just pop Decisive Strike to break their escaping slow, but what about Garen's escape? He has virtually no CC, and what little he has is on his poke...but his poke is now his only escape. Judgment is not a gap closer - even without unit collision. But assuming one were to use it as his gap closer, the slow through minions makes even that impossible.

When I played Garen last night after the patch, I had to fundamentally change the way I play him, and I think for the worse. He's still a solo top champ thanks to Courage and Perseverance, but with his escape nerfed, he can't do much anymore other than just tower hug against more than one opponent.

I like the way the damage now scales for Garen's moves, especially now that Judgment is usable in late game, but unless he can get his poke back he's just about unplayable.

Hex Kerberros

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordian View Post
YAY

Buffs for garen!

EDIT: Downvote me because either you think Garen is OP, or you think these are not buffs. If you think these are not buffs your ****ing retarded. Riot wouldn't change one of the most under used champions just to nerf him of course they are going to help him not change him for the worse.
I completely agree with you that these are buffs meant for Garen, but there are a few nerfs that come with them for balancing. And although I agree with almost all of them, 2 things bother me.

The first is that at rank 1 (possibly 2) of Decisive Strike, the duration of the speed seems to be too low. It's more to burst them up close and fails to get you back to lane quick enough when you die. The second thing isn't really an issue, but it would have been nice to keep the "reduces the duration of incoming slows while active" from judgement, as I was lead to believe they'd only be moving that trait to Decisive Strike, not remove part of it.

Overall, really good job Riot. I've been using Garen since I started playing League and you've managed to balance him while keeping his game-play mostly intact (again, the duration on Decisive Strike at rank 1, and possibly 2).