Mid August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiLJE

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrixonCrack View Post
I'm really interested in trying out the new Kat. To be honest I don't like how the changes look on paper, but we'll see.....
Well to tell u the truth...
Im an old Kat player, and these changes well, they are nice... Until i played a game with Kat, newertheless she is still my main and favorite, but ppl, the Q... the dmg is ridiculous... and why remove the dmg increase on it, and leave only AP... I liked to play AD Kat, especialy lets say against Veigar... Uwanted no nerf the "poke" the bouncing blades did? well thats what Kat was all about, the explosiveness in the moment... now thats all gone, there is no going in 5 v 5 team fights, she cant do that much as she could before, maybe i underrestimate it, but i think it needs a bit more dmg on Q, its not bad when laning, but 5 v 5... idk... seems weak...

Korodon

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion69 View Post
I agree with you about the champs, and personally like it when they are released later as it allows me more IP farming time.

As for the Zyra tip, thank you. I had no idea I needed to AA them too. If you don't AA, they attack the closest minion.
I have had times where I seed-bait (keep putting out seeds for my opponent to step on until they get over-confident, and then finally actually cast a spell on it) and the plant immediately attacks the champ about to step on it, instead of minions. This is great with her Q, since the champ tends to get tangled in minions while fleeing and getting hit by the projectiles.

So, it might be closest enemy in general. I haven't really tested it out, but I'll have to now!

Phoneixflare

08-15-2012

So...does garen's judgment still have the ability to critically strike?
because if it does....
CRITGAREN SHALL RETURN

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

AP teemo is now 3x more scary....

NetherDrifter

08-15-2012

Buffs for Garen and reworked Katarina? Rekindled rivalry anyone?

Unique Kantilope

08-15-2012

so garen's judgement has been nerfed
his regen has been nerfed
his courage has been buffed
his early game has been nerfed
his late game is worse overall...
and yay, now i can spam my ult more late game when all it amounts to is ks

all they have to do:
change judgement damage back (scaled better to late game than now)
move the slow-cleanse to his courage (having an initiator and escape on the same ability? on a melee range champ with no pokes? ok......)

and that's it, i'd be content
even though the nerf to his ghostwalk on his jusgement makes absolutely no sense at all

yamikuma

08-15-2012

whenever i try to download the mid august patch,it gives me an unspecified error and starts at the second part of the dowload and wont patch. can someone help me?

MFG Colour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Kat doesn't appear to be viable in ranked anymore and to stop the fall off of Garen late you made him suck from level 1.

Raikø

08-15-2012

Do you think maybe you could throw in Matchmaking for ARAM? Plus, adding penalties for leaving at champion selection? You have no idea how many games have been dropped due to someone getting a champion they've never used before. Sigh.

Bacardii7

08-15-2012

Zyra nerfs are hugely excessive.

This just feeds into the fact that Riot releases cool champs and then nerfs them a couple weeks later after selling them.