Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid August Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chiingown

08-15-2012

VOBANK_EN_US.FSB
failed to install :C more than 5 times what should i do?

rdavid

08-15-2012

Riot buff Garen ?

TROLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!

Orion69

08-15-2012

Quote:
yeeitsdrew:
Woow seriously? Is it just me or did Garen and Kat get hella nerfed -____-

I dont see how this makes Garen any more viable at all..

Btw look at that judgement nerf W.T.F.

How can you say Garen got nerfed? Overall, they buffed just about everything on him.

Axoros

08-15-2012

Looks awesome, i'm liking this patch
If you wanna learn how to get any champ without paying a dime check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH5WxxQz5xA

Hornschuch

08-15-2012

So...is it just me or does the way Kat look on paper look a lot like a more powerful version of Akali? Just that she doesn't have stealth.

Akali's Q hits one target and marks the target so that her next attack or ability deals extra damage.

Kat's Q hits up to five targets and does the same thing.

Akali needs her ult to close in on the target, and she has to wait a pretty decent amount of time for it to recharge the 3 charges.

Kat has Shunpo, which does the same thing plus it gives her damage reduction. Oh, and the CD on Shunpo is less than the recharge time of Akali's ult. Also, Shunpo can be used on allies to escape. Akali's ult, cannot.

Akali's E hits all targets around her. No added effect.

Kat's W hits all targets around her, and she gets a speed bonus.

The only difference remaining is Akali's stealth vs Kat's ult. Which means that Kat has the advantage here to. People where saying in the past that Akali was op'd. Now she isn't. But here Kat looks a lot like Akali on paper, with more bonuses? I do not think this bods well.

Versace Ebola

08-15-2012

Hooray, a buff for Kayle <33

FaceCheckMyBush

08-15-2012

"this guy is very average"

Meserion

08-15-2012

still waiting patiently for proper karma and heimerdinger reworks

OtakuWrath

08-15-2012

Judgement
Damage dealt to minions increased to 75% from 50%

I'm sorry but have you ever even read the ability? it's 50% reduced damage to minions and neutral monsters which means it's now going to be 75% reduced damage. where does (increased damage) come from? All you did was move the passives on his abilities around and then nerf all his base stats on both his character and his abilities.

What a wonderful Garen buff, maybe if he tries really hard he might be able to kill a half dead Veigar with no mana. I shouldn't be surprised though, with champions that have true damage ults that refresh on kill how can we POSSIBLY say Garen isn't OP and needs more nerfs. While you're at it i think Jax needs some more buffs. Maybe increase Lux's range on all her abilities and reduce her mana cost? sounds like a great plan. gotta nerf that Renekton though he's way to strong of a solotop, I hear Cho could use a refreshing ult on champion kill too, i mean it's only fair. Annie and Nunu need some serious nerfs though.

(It's all sarcasm if you didn't know, i feel i need to tell you)

Hornschuch

08-15-2012

Quote:
OtakuWrath:
Judgement
Damage dealt to minions increased to 75% from 50%

I'm sorry but have you ever even read the ability? it's 50% reduced damage to minions and neutral monsters which means it's now going to be 75% reduced damage. where does (increased damage) come from? All you did was move the passives on his abilities around and then nerf all his base stats on both his character and his abilities.

What a wonderful Garen buff, maybe if he tries really hard he might be able to kill a half dead Veigar with no mana. I shouldn't be surprised though, with champions that have true damage ults that refresh on kill how can we POSSIBLY say Garen isn't OP and needs more nerfs. While you're at it i think Jax needs some more buffs. Maybe increase Lux's range on all her abilities and reduce her mana cost? sounds like a great plan. gotta nerf that Renekton though he's way to strong of a solotop, I hear Cho could use a refreshing ult on champion kill too, i mean it's only fair. Annie and Nunu need some serious nerfs though.

(It's all sarcasm if you didn't know, i feel i need to tell you)

It means the tooltip will show that the attack does 25% reduced damage to npcs. Tooltip states a damage penalty, they stated a damage increase. That means that the tooltip's penalty will go down. In otherwords, they work in opposite of each other here. But, in reality they should have said that the damage penalty will go down to 25%. But that might confuse some people into thinking the attack just got nerfed. So instead they stated the attack will now do more damage to minions than it did before. Simple to understand.