Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why does no one play Rammus anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-14-2012

I think Rammus potentially could have a spot in the support role. His jungling just feels so weak, he's obviously not an AP or AD carry, and I don't know how he fares as a solotop.

However, as a support, if you level something like E-W-E-Q-E-R through the first 6, you might be able to shut out the enemy ADC. I dunno though. You'd need a lot of assists so you can build armor and not just pure gold items.

And, I'd only want to be picking him later in a draft pick after the enemy team has shown AD solotop and AD jungle to go with the ADC.

Phenomenomnomnom

08-14-2012

Lol this thread changed my mind. I won't be buying him.

...riot pls

facetious

08-14-2012

What's a Rammus?

Shacô Bot

08-14-2012

Quote:
Thought:
Uh.. 3 second taunt in the mid - late game on your AD carry is nothing to laugh at. No reason? The only reason why you wouldn't pick him is how easily he gets counterjungled.

3 second MELEE taunt. No instant gap closer. WIth how ridiculous kiting gets these days and how retardedly powerful exhaust/flash are he'd be lucky to get off one good taunt past lane phase the entire game.

His jungle is also too slow and boring to play

TheTofudabeast

08-14-2012

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
I think Rammus potentially could have a spot in the support role. His jungling just feels so weak, he's obviously not an AP or AD carry, and I don't know how he fares as a solotop.

However, as a support, if you level something like E-W-E-Q-E-R through the first 6, you might be able to shut out the enemy ADC. I dunno though. You'd need a lot of assists so you can build armor and not just pure gold items.

And, I'd only want to be picking him later in a draft pick after the enemy team has shown AD solotop and AD jungle to go with the ADC.
I've had to deal with someone playing "support Rammus" while I was the AD carry. The entire laning phase was us getting poked by both their support and AD as Rammus powerballed in a warded bush and proceeded to -not help me at all-. He can't protect me from damage with a shield (Janna, Lulu), he can't heal me or sustain me at all (Soraka, Taric) He can't poke them down from a range at all (Sona) And he can't hard initiate right away (Leona, Blitzcrank). There is no reason to ever play Rammus in the support role when these other choices are both better and scale better into lategame without being as gold dependent.

KitStylus

08-14-2012

Nomnom hes fun to play basically full tank so you never die and taunting, knocking down towers. He cant jungle and his
spinning move just annoys me how it just STOPS when you come withing a 50ft radius of a minion. I think they should at
least make his power ball not stop at minions. Hes still worth the money i liked him hes easy to play. Didn't you try him
during free week?

GnomeDigest

08-14-2012

I have had some success as Rammus in the jungle but I just had some fool play him top lane. Dont ever do that. Ever.

Goshdarnit

08-14-2012

They nerfed his jungle too hard.

He's still a great ganker and initiator, but he's just so unsafe.

Hes a lot like Amumu, if you can jungle safely you will be godly later, but good luck jungling safely.

XCodes

08-14-2012

Quote:
Goshdarnit:
They nerfed his jungle too hard.

He's still a great ganker and initiator, but he's just so unsafe.

Hes a lot like Amumu, if you can jungle safely you will be godly later, but good luck jungling safely.

Funny thing, Amumu clears faster and his ganks are better.

Nothcliff

08-14-2012

I'm more scared of Hecarim than Rammus now O.O