Vayne Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Looking for some input from experienced Vayne players. I know the standard Vayne build, but I was wondering if a tankier AS build would be viable?

I would start with boots/blade and build it piecemeal on a as needed basis, but finished build would look like.

Mallet
Ionic
Ghostblade
Atmas
Zerker Greaves
As needed last item: (Last Whisper, PD, IE, Sanguins).

Thanks for your help!

Lhyanc

08-14-2012

What about something like Wit's End or Hexdrinker?

I played ARAM Proving Grounds and got Vayne vs 5 APs. It was something different to build.

Volandum

08-14-2012

Scrap the I-spark.

Do not build berserker greaves. PD + Ionians > Ghostblade + Berserkers, especially on vayne.

I'm not a big fan of this approach, what do you hope to accomplish on vayne? You could just play onhit kog.

Pemmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

The idea is to be more durable while still dealing decent damage.

Ionic is considered because the health will synergize with atmas, and she also benefits from the attack speed.

I would prefer Vayne over on-hit kog because she is harder to get to than kog is.

Warrrrax

08-14-2012

In general I don't think you would want a lot of tankiness. If you needed it, you could always upgrade your phage to a frozen mallet sooner than normal.

Vayne's biggest problems are against burst casters and against them, she has to straight up outdamage them.
Against the usual tanky DPSers, her main defense is to use her Tumble, Stealth and Knockback to be slippery and hard to pin down, while delivering heavy damage.
After using the stealth and knockback they wont be coming back for a while, so she really doesn't want an extended fight. Hence the focus on damage.

Assuming you are building Crit/AD/AS and not going onhit or whatever, Hexdrinker would be a solid item to take, giving both MR and the anti-burst shield.
Wits End generally wont have the time to build up to 50 before a burst caster beats you down, and the onhit doesnt combo quite as nicely with her crit.

Taikero

08-14-2012

For a more tanky AS Vayne, I recommend...

(Boots and Doran's Blade and Health Potions early)

Berserker Greaves or Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads (depends on opposing team composition and your confidence against them)
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Kitae's Bloodrazor or Last Whisper or Black Cleaver (Kitae's for high health champions, Last Whisper for heavy Armor champions, Black Cleaver for less tanky/more caster teams)
In order of preference: Hexdrinker, Wit's End, or Ionic Spark (depends on strength of AP casters on other team. Ionic Spark is not so great for Dominion)
Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster, or Infinity Edge as desired.

aToasterStrudel

08-14-2012

Start with prospectors blade and boots/hp pots.

Get greaves/vampscepter and then lightbringer.

Get zeal and then bf sword into sanguine blade.

Get hexdrinker and then finish your phantom dancer.

Get pickaxe and look at your enemy team: Are they doing a lot of magic damage? Are they building thornmails to counter you? Upgrade pickaxe into maw and make a last whisper after if the answer is yes.

If they are building warden mails and frozen hearts to counter you, build that pickaxe into a last whisper and finish the maw last.

This is a solid build that will cover everything you need.

It ends up looking like this in the end:
Berserker greaves
Lightbringer
Sanguine Blade
Phantom Dancer
Maw of Moritimus
Last Whisper

References: Myself playing vayne on duelpower.

The Fizznity

08-14-2012

I'm oldschool, running Prosp/Boots (Sauron recommends Zerkers, so *shrug*) into Sanguine and a pair of Phantom Dancers. Don't usually get much past that.

hinderlopen

08-14-2012

In dominate dominion a day or two ago, there was a vayne that went boots -> phage -> PD -> PD, they did well and went onto more items but that seems to be a good way to start. You can turn the phage into either a trinity (goes well with q) or a mallet for 500 extra hp.

I'm weird and like rushing infinity edge (pickaxe first) and then wits end and phage. as long as you have good positioning early game you'll do amazing damage, and then later on people wont be able to burst you down while trying to tank everyone around you. Casters are definitely the most problematic enemies for vayne.