How to counter Blitz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angry juju

08-14-2012

1. Stop standing in front of the minions, stand behind them so rocket grab hits the minions and not them.

2. Stop running in straight lines when you know he's going to Rocket Grab you, it doesn't take that much effort to move erratically and throw him off.

Dracozero

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry juju View Post
1. Stop standing in front of the minions, stand behind them so rocket grab hits the minions and not them.
Exactly. You can only stand in 1 place, and 1 place only; that is, diametrically opposing Blitzcrank around your minions. There's no way Blitz could abuse this, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry juju View Post
2. Stop running in straight lines when you know he's going to Rocket Grab you, it doesn't take that much effort to move erratically and throw him off.
If you move erratically he just overdrives and powerfists you, since you're covering around 2/3 of the distance you'd be moving if moving in a straight line.

inb4 half assed rebuttal

disgonbgud.gif

mertatron

08-14-2012

but how do u do when he uses his speed boost and goes behind your minions to knock u up ? his carry follows and burst u down ?

easier said than done, u cannot dodge all grabs, especially if it's a good blitz.

I sometimes play blitz and I'm not the best player ... and so I miss quite some grabs, but when I succeed, if the target is squishy .. it hurts a lot.

Hattori Hanzo

08-14-2012

If it were to be that easy every game, then Blitz would never be played. Yes standing behind minions is great, but their AD can clear the minion wave, Blitz can simply reposition himself to zone you from farming, and Blitz can position himself that makes the enemy AD/Support to be more susceptible to ganks. Also, there comes a point in the game where running in a zig zag doesn't help as he can just chase you down with overdrive and knock you up without the grab even being a factor. No, I don't cry about Blitz and I tend to do well against him, but any Blitz worth his salt is aware of his weaknesses and do his best to work around any counter play.

IS149c9d0730e8b88ab7fc5

08-14-2012

I thought the OP was just going to be a picture of Alistar.

Dingus

08-14-2012

This may answer your question

http://www.twitch.tv/inkl0lz

Jedite1000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

I play blits alot he is my main, and he is hard to use, but his weakness is Alister, sometimes if it is a bad alister i can beat him but alister counters blits all the time

Niqhtmare x

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracozero View Post
Exactly. You can only stand in 1 place, and 1 place only; that is, diametrically opposing Blitzcrank around your minions. There's no way Blitz could abuse this, ever.

If you move erratically he just overdrives and powerfists you, since you're covering around 2/3 of the distance you'd be moving if moving in a straight line.

inb4 half assed rebuttal

disgonbgud.gif
how about put your support in front
if blitz tries to overdrive punch ur carry, then your support should be doing the same to the enemy carry

also if blitz grabs the support, enemy should win the 2v2 engage, too bad people are so scared they dont commit when blitz wastes cc on the support