Jungle hec build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XElement

08-14-2012

Tips please
Currently somewhat using http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=23828 this guide.
I like the mastery, seems perfect for Hec. Get some tankiness and damage.

I just am having issues on what to build though.
I'm not too big on Wriggle's, seems like it is a waste? But, maybe not. I just haven't liked it so far.
But, I think my main issue is...I build Philo stone and HoG and not enough damage. Idk, I mean the gold over time is great, but I feel like in fights my damage is weak and I'm not too tanky. so I might just lose them, or keep one idk. I want opinions on this the most. Get both, I lose out on damage/tankiness faster but I'll get tons of extra gold.

I agree on the Trinity Force and Maws.
Might turn the Frozen heart into Omens (since that uses HoG) and turn the Philo Stone into shurelyas-reverie, since besides the MS, I get CDR which FH would have given me so makes more since IMO to get Omens over FH at that point.

So that is WHY I want to build PhiloStone and HoG early Because i get omens and Shurelyas...but again, I feel like then my early game damage is on the low side and i'm on the squishy side. Maybe I'll rush wriggles then get both those items? Not quite sure. Maybe I won't get either or maybe one and just not care about getting the Gold over time. Build it when I need it

I know Hec is good, I just need to figure out what to do with my build.

Brightinly

08-14-2012

I dont like the lantern to be honest. I might be wrong but life steal doesn't seem to do much on him.

I build shurelyas to help me with my initial e + passive nuke before initiating. The rest seems ok.

Scumbag Lemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightinly View Post
I dont like the lantern to be honest. I might be wrong but life steal doesn't seem to do much on him.

I build shurelyas to help me with my initial e + passive nuke before initiating. The rest seems ok.
Building on from what this guy said, Wriggles on Hecarim is fairly meh. It's not like he needs it.

Also, I don't recommend rushing Triforce on Hecarim unless you're ahead, by that, I mean 'You can finish it by 20-25 minutes'.

Philo stone helps heaps.

Also, I personally prefer AS reds over AD reds.

XElement

08-14-2012

So how should i start?
Like build wise?
I build boots/pots no matter what. And agreed, I dont think Hec really needs the LS, helps clearing but his clear is arleady fast. And the armor is nice but no reason to buy it. And the AD is pretty low as well.

I just dont know hwo to start him. I usually try to get a phage and hexdrinker but again, I get HoG and Philo early just because they give gold over time and build into omens and shurelya's. After I get maws I finish up my phage into a trinity force. Then finish with shurelya's and omens.

Noric

08-14-2012

Philo HoG merc treads and phage are all good items. Other notable items are aegis and glacial shroud. Aegis just makes him plain tankier and glacial gives him a good chunk of armor with cdr and mana on top.

Double gp10 is really strong atm esp if you farm well and scale well into lategame (def hecarim).

Wriggles really isn't that good because phage/sheen offer more as damage items early and there are other ways to get decent armor (warden's/glacial/aegis). He clears fine and sustains well without a wriggles.

XElement

08-14-2012

Bump

I'm thinking I'll start boots...build Philo and HoG first, maybe then take phage then finally build merc/ninja for my boots.
From there hexdrinker and trinity force. Once I have TF ii'll get Maws and then finish my Philo Stone and HoG. Again,I don't think Glacial shroud is worth it IF i take both Philostone and HoG.Because I get armor from Omens and CDR from Shurelya's. And I eel like Shurelya's is a must for when i activate it and ghost together, a nice boost there...I beleive I once had 60+ AD from it.

Idk, again I think the doulbe GP10 is great...but feel like I'm lacking that damage for ganking.

Ocuses

08-14-2012

Boots> philo,heart> Glacial> trinity >hexdrinker=/=shurlilias>situational

Q>W>Q>E>Q>R the W first in the guide is bull

KevinDelMarr

08-14-2012

Don't get Wriggles, Sell Philo, Frozen Heart>Randuin,

If tank, get Force of Nat over Maw, get Maw if Bruiser Build.

XElement

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Don't get Wriggles, Sell Philo, Frozen Heart>Randuin,

If tank, get Force of Nat over Maw, get Maw if Bruiser Build.
Alright, so no wriggles. Why sell Philo? You usually want Shurlilias as hec do you not? And i'm a noob but why FH over Randuin? I only think about getting Omens over FH because, I get CDR from Shurlilias so I really don't need the CDR from FH or maybe it would still be better (would like soembody to explain why exaclty to me so I know why instead of just listening), and since I'm getting HoG then I would already be closer to Ranuins. I mean Omens is 300 more gold and a little less armor, but it slows enemies and gives HP as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocuses View Post
Boots> philo,heart> Glacial> trinity >hexdrinker=/=shurlilias>situational

Q>W>Q>E>Q>R the W first in the guide is bull
Alright no W first, but do I really want FH and shurlilias? Isn't that too much CDR? But, guess maybe not...tons of guides have Glacial as an item

ZodiacKiller20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

I recommend mercury, trinity, randuins, shurelia, guardian angel and the sixth is situational. Maw or FON or Sunfire or whatever. Its a huge boost in teamfights if someone has a GA.

The way I build junglers is my end build is tanky but with some dmg. I try to access that dmg as early as possible in the game so my ganks can benefit.
So start boots+3 and then rush a Phage as fast as possible. Go AD reds btw. Then get a Sheen. This will make your ganks terrifying as you don't have to tank anything this early so building dmg now is best. From here go HOG and Philo for the extra gold income and complete mercury. Then start buying pieces of Guardian angel. I recommend getting chain vest and null mantle and then completing trinity. Finish the GA after this and now complete the philo into shurelia and then the HOG into randuins. You now have to choose your sixth item but being the jungler you won't most likely have the gold and frankly its better to buy wards, oracles and elixirs at this point. Hope that helps.
Also if anyone notices any flaws then I would appreciate it if they point it out. Cheers.