Darius - Black Ops Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atalix

08-13-2012

Let me begin by saying... I have a man-crush on Darius. In the relatively short time I have been playing LoL, I have played maybe 15-20 champions, and once I bought Darius... well I am hooked.

I also loved his lore. Having been in the army and serving overseas, it just struck a chord with me, and cemented his status as "bad ass" in my mind.

So here is what I came up with:

Black Ops Darius

He is a seasoned veteran, and a warrior through and through. You can transfer that Warrior Ethos and it is perfectly relevant in modern warfare. His look is modernized, lethal, and menacing.

Head: He retains his long hair and clean-shaven look. Special Forces and Operators live by their own rules when it comes to hygiene. However, he does sport modern face camo in black and grey.

Torso; A simple black/grey digital camo top, covered by a standard issue plate vest in black. Infrared tape with his blood type (A+, cause that's what I am) is the only thing clearly visible.

Hands: Black gloves (duh, he IS an executioner!)

Legs: Matching black/grey digital camo pants. Also, tactical knee pads, in black.

Feet: Modern, tactical all-black boots.

Weapon: An axe, similar in size to his current one. However, it is all black with a shiny, sharpened edge. It is also partly serrated, mimicking current standard-issue military knives. For added flavor, maybe in the loading-screen art, you can discreetly add "M-4" somewhere, not too plainly visible, as an homage to the standard-issue carbine that most operators use.

The loading-screen art would highlight the nature of his skin: a silent killer with professional lethality. Perhaps a scene where Darius is infiltrating a fenced-in camp at night, with search lights in the background. Or a scene closer related to the Navy S.E.A.L.S. with Darius making a nighttime beach landing.

Audio (Abilities):
Q: Instead of a clear, metallic blade sound, we would have a lower, swishing silent type of sound, similar to the whisper made when you slice thin air with a sharp blade.

W: The animation may remain the same (red glowing hands), but perhaps the sound of an M-4 bolt locking into place, again referencing his readiness to attack.

E: A similar whispering sound, alluding to his silent nature.

R: DON'T CHANGE A ****ED THING! No but seriously... the sound his ult currently makes is incredible. Maybe fine-tune it to more of an explosion sound and less of a thunderbolt... but keep the intensity,

Audio (Verbal):
Maybe add familiar military sayings or jargon. I will add a few for consideration, the first being one of my favorite sayings ever while I served, in reference to the techniques we learned while learning to clear buildings in urban areas.

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
"Shock and awe"
"Born to kill"
"You can't hide (forever)"

Any suggestions? Ideas? If you like it, give it a bump and plus vote!

TheHarvestor

08-13-2012

awesome idea

awsumdoood

08-14-2012

"an once I bought Darius...well I am hooked." I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

TheHarvestor

08-14-2012

i dont but im guessing its something negative seeing how youve looked upon my stuff

Atalix

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvestor View Post
i dont but im guessing its something negative seeing how youve looked upon my stuff
Huh? Did I miss something?

Atalix

08-16-2012

Anyone have any feedback (positive or negative) on this idea?

Atalix

09-13-2012

So... just saw the new GP skin... awesome... now can we get this going on Darius and do it right?

Mayhem22

09-17-2012

This sounds badass.

KobaltKode

09-17-2012

I would much rather see "Rainy Day Darius," inspired by singin in the rain.

1. Wearing grey business suite!
2. Blood effects [including hemorrhage stacks] become water and are turned blue!
3. Axe becomes a large umbrella!
4. Umbrella opens when using Apprehend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w40us...ailpage#t=213s
^go here for a concept clip of Noxian Guillotine followed by Decimate!

1,000 times more fun, with a touch of troll to anger your enemies while you splash them to death with your joy! X0D

Xited

09-17-2012

I like the ideas i love darius and i want more skins for him my idea is...get this....PILLOW FIGHT DARIUS instead of an axe of course a pillow, intead of blood, feathers! he would wear some form of pjs maybe a onezie or some silk gentlemen's pajamas the animations wouldnt have to make any major changes his tactics seem like they would dominate in a pillow fight. anyways anyone have anything to add to this? thoughts?