Xin or Panth?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ovy

09-13-2010

Pantheon tends to carry earlier and harder, but tends to lose steam mid/late game (based on difficulty vs armor). Xin needs a bit more farm, but is more effective than Pantheon as the game goes later.

Both have comparable CC, but Xin makes a better off tank and is therefore a bit more versatile. He can also jungle.

That said, I much prefer Pantheon. I find him more fun to play, somewhat easier to pick up, and I prefer the on demand CC as opposed to Three Talon Strike. Plus I get a hard on from global ultimates.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gowfaec

09-13-2010

Pantheon is still really good imo, but his worth is quartered if he doesn't get solo top, and he is very reliant on how broken ArPen runes are. Getting solo top allows him extra use of brush for an advantage over a ranged opponent, and gives your team crazy dragon control. He's one of those characters that cements an early advantage, and though his worth falls off late-game, if you can exploit his incredible map control and early game power, you'll be in a good position to win.

Max q first, then w, then e, though I get one level of e early for the crits. A brutalizer is key, after that it's up in the air. I start with boots first.

I also find myself absolutely destroying ezreal's when I encounter them. They don't come top lane often though.

Anyway they're both good characters, However Xin has a decent early game and scales really well, while pantheon has an amazing early game and scales relativity poorly. I find Panth much more fun however, and that's really the key. Both of the characters are close enough in power that it's preference imo.