AP Xin Zhao?! Two builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Nerevar

08-13-2012

So, I was looking at Xin Zhao's AP scaling abilities and for the heck of it made a build on Leaguecraft.

Build One:
Nashor's Tooth
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Hextech Revolver
Lichbane
Rabadon's
Boots

This build gives him a phenominal amount of regen every 3rd attack (312 to be exact) not counting lifesteal and spellvamp. His CD means that every 3 seconds his AoE AP scaling dash is up, almost AoE permaslowing at 45%. He can tank well enough with his ult landed on enough people (high MR and Armor) combined with a low HP pool and high sustain. He can be bursted easier than a more standard Xin build however. Oh and the Lich Bane proc will make his AA deal 780ish every 2 seconds, if abilities are spaced out evenly.

Thoughts on viability and improvement?

I had considered a combo more tiered toward lifesteal, AD and AS (see below)

Build Two:
Nashor's
Trinity Force
Guinsoo's
Blood Thirster
Zeke's Herald
Boots

More lifesteal sustain but less W sustain because of lower AP - but heals every single hit so more reliable? Great CDR, more AS, carrying an aura...I can't decide which build is generally more effective.

Thoughts would be welcome, as well as comparisons drawn to normal Xin builds

Saint Nerevar

08-13-2012

Haha, **** you forum lurkers why won't you post? Why won't you give me your opinions and ideas? :P

nyttyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2012

Someone already made a thread on this.

The consensus is that it works better then regular xin even damage wise, not to mention how much tankier it is.

Basically Xin sucks so hard AP is better on him then AD is.

also that build isn't nearly tanky enough. Try a early RoA into Nashor's.

BBFSmokedCayenne

08-13-2012

love it! Love abusing champions like that LOL

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-14-2012

I think the point of AP is so you can beat up towers. Lifesteal wont work vs towers of course, but the 3rd hit regen DOES.

Cenerae

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
Someone already made a thread on this.

The consensus is that it works better then regular xin even damage wise, not to mention how much tankier it is.

Basically Xin sucks so hard AP is better on him then AD is.

also that build isn't nearly tanky enough. Try a early RoA into Nashor's.
How is it better damage wise, considering the only damage AP ratio he has is on his E?

That, and you'll be missing a ton of autoattack damage...

I can see the tankiness part, but I'm not seeing the damage.

Saint Nerevar

08-14-2012

The damage comes from the lich bane proc on 550 ap. That combos with his lifesteal from hextech gunblade.

The important thing to remember when considering the first build is that with so much CDR from Nashor's and such high AS his auto attacks reduce the CD on everything else by 3 seconds which turns his E into a highly spammable, AoE, 45% slowing, AP-scaling, dash-nuke. That's a REALLY stupidly powerful ability.

I will admit that he has a slightly less useful early game than AD builds though.

SirWellington

11-10-2012

This build is amazing. If you want to backdoor someone's turrets, you don't have to wait for a minion wave. You can just walk up, take it down (pretty quickly), and walk away with nearly *full* HP. I can't think of anyone else who can do that, except Irelia maybe.

SirWellington

11-10-2012

And although you DO heal like crazy, if you jump in the midst of a teamfight you will get CC'd...which means if they have any hard CC like stuns, fears, snares, or suppresses you're done for. With this build the only way to survive is to keep hitting people to proc W, so if you can't do that you're screwed.
However, this build works wonders on teams who only have slows, silences, etc.

Repr0bate

11-11-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWMAgErKOA

Sivhd's AP Xin Zhao (free ELO shower) LMAO